american vintage / pure vintage 58 vs 64

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by riscado, Nov 9, 2014.

1. jklotz

jklotz Tele-Afflicted

I wouldn't recommend that. Pledge, as well as many other similar products, contain silicone.

2. Telemarkman

Telemarkman Doctor of Teleocity Platinum Supporter

Yeah, I'd rather use the Autoglym super resin polish made for cars. It worked well with my '52RI's neck.

3. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

My local shop still only has the first burst 58 that they put on display 2012.. No one even looks at it I'm told.

4. FredDairy

FredDairy Friend of Leo's

So the question is - Jescar closer to the originals? Or is what was previously used closer?

The only thing I don't like about em is if I put the James Burton gauge on they are too bendy.

5. Tele Plucker

Tele Plucker TDPRI Member

So the train left the station long ago on these issues, but I'd like to share an observation from years ago.

An old friend and fellow guitar player had this issue with his skin. Whenever he played a guitar for an hour or more he would basically destroy the strings from what I believe was a high level of acid or some such thing in his body oils. It got to the point that I didn't want him playing my guitars.

I bring this up because I'm wondering if this sticky neck issue could be from a similar chemical reaction from some players. I have never had the issue of sticky neck on any of my guitars. Gibson, Fender or Martin. Anyone out there thought of this possibility?

BTW, I purchased a new '64 AVRI Tele in white blonde nearly a year ago. I love it. I also have an original 1964 Strat and going between them is effortless.

6. Telemarkman

Telemarkman Doctor of Teleocity Platinum Supporter

Skin chemistry has a lot to do with it. But a nitro finish will nonetheless feel sticky to most players until it's properly cured. For some this stickyness will never go away though.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.