American Professional - Vintage Tuners

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by DNukem, May 23, 2019.

1. DNukem

DNukem TDPRI Member

I have a 2018 American Professional Telecaster and am looking to change out the tuners for the vintage style, as i want to get the 18:1 ratio...the stock tuners are 14:1 ratio. I have looked around but the only vintage style tuners i see are the ones requiring screws, however my guitar has the tuners with the alignment pins. So my question is does anyone know if they make a vintage style 18:1 (or better) ratio tuner with the alignment pins not requiring screws, because i certainly don't want to add screw holes to the guitar. Thanks for your help

2. Tuxedo Poly

Tuxedo Poly Tele-Afflicted

3. Vizcaster

Vizcaster Friend of Leo's

Wow what a fantastic (if not a little expensive) solution. Looks like a great part to keep in mind.

Not afraid to drill, I'd just have used conversion bushings and Gotoh safe-t-post vintage tuners to avoid the bolt-bushing appearance.

4. Tuxedo Poly

Tuxedo Poly Tele-Afflicted

Got to agree. Bolt bushes on the Tele headstock look clunky and over-engineered.

5. geektoad

geektoad TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Fender locking tuners are 18:1 and drop in as well. That's what i put in my AmPro Tele.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.