Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

American Pro or American Vintage 64?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by spenno, Feb 8, 2017.

1. spenno

spenno TDPRI Member

Sep 23, 2009
    England
    Well you can tell from my avatar which of these guitars I went for in the end! I did really love a transparent crimson Pro I had the pleasure of trying out, and figured I’d have to save my pennies for a few years to get one, as aside from a few random ones I’d seen being sold for a steal there wasn’t much variation on price. BUT ... I asked myself which tele up to £1500 I ‘d most want, and it was the 64 in LPB. I’d seen a few come up and knew it would be a case of being in the right place at the right time - with the cash available! As it happened I found one and the owner was open to a straight swap with my other guitar. What are the chances?
    Soo playable and comfortable... probably the last things I was interested in as a kid. This tele plays, looks and sounds killer. It’s solid on all fronts and I can really see myself getting old(er) with it. Called it Guthrie, after I saw Mr. Trapp playing one online.

pondcaster likes this.

2. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Apr 10, 2015
    Italy and Switzerland
    Good choice! I’d have gone ’64 too, and LPB/Rosewood teles are among the most beautiful electric guitars there are. Period.

3. RadioFM74

Apr 10, 2015
    Italy and Switzerland
    PS: you are hereby notified that this thread does not satisfy the statutory requirements to be considered a proper NGD thread (or variant thereof). You are therefore requested to POST said NGD thread (or variant thereof) within the TDPRI-stipulated time-limit, while providing the requisite amount of eye candy and details about: guitar particulars, special features (if applicable), as well as visual, aural, tactile, taste and smell-related experiences accumulated in the first hours of ownership. Other members may at that point properly congratulate you.

Thank you for your attention :D

Keymaster13 likes this.

4. spenno

spenno TDPRI Member

Sep 23, 2009
    England
    Ha - I already did a NGD thread a while ago, this is just the thread I created beforehand when I was after some opinions and I thought I’d update as a few recent replies gad appeared.

5. RadioFM74

Apr 10, 2015
    Italy and Switzerland
    .... and I thought I was being smart :( ... I'll go look at the NGD thread tomorrow! NGD! :D

Keymaster13 likes this.

6. rze99

rze99 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    Great choice and snap! I waited ages to find a used LPB '64 and I glad I did. They don't come around much. Only around 500 made Fender told me. So hang on to it. Mine is completely stock except I had the frets reprofiled to 10 radius and I replaced the saddle screws for shorter ones. The fact you got yours in a straight swap is amazing. I paid £1100 for mine which was an ex-Fender exhibition and demo guitar so it was already well setup and played in with a couple of minor dinks.

7. Lobomov

Lobomov Friend of Leo's

Jul 15, 2013
    Europa
    Both fine guitars .. it basically comes down to taste :)

MahoganyStratDZ likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.