Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

American Deluxe Tele?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Butch Snyder, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Butch Snyder

Butch Snyder Tele-Afflicted

Mar 17, 2003
    Lebanon, OH
    Anyone own one and kept it stock? I'm speaking of the current production model. I personally liked the one right before with the Noiseless Strat pickup in the middle.

2. Butch Snyder

Mar 17, 2003
    Lebanon, OH
    Let Me Rephrase...

Does anybody know, also, what kind of route is underneath the pickguard?

3. Oskar

Oskar Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Northampton, MA
    The Deluxe has gone through many changes

I have one that is single bound, contoured body, 3 lace sensor pickups and the toggle switch between tone & vol controls. There is also a 3 pickup noiseless model deluxe with no toggle switch. I believe that one is also contoured and perhaps single bound There is also the current Deluxe with two pickups. I also have a '91 Tele Deluxe Plus with the dual red lace sensor in the bridge, & blue lace sensor in the neck. This is not contoured or bound. I have to say that I'm really confused about the "Deluxe" model of Tele and what Fender keeps changing on them, almost yearly. Of course there's also the "Deluxe" series which is MIM (Nashville & Nashville Power Tele). It's hard to keep them all straight or to know what someone is talking about when the say "I have a 'Deluxe' Tele". I have two of them (the '91 & '97) and while they are quite different I like them both a lot.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. ShawnS

ShawnS TDPRI Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Adamsville, Tennessee
    Here's mine

It's completely stock. '99 AmDlx. It has the noiseless pups in it. They are ok and do the job, but probably change them out one day. I've never had the pickguard so I can't help you. If no one else can help you email me and I'll send you a pic. The pic below is too big or I would have done a image here.
    http://home.centurytel.net/Riverstone/riverSS.htm

By the way, I'm building a website for our band. It is in the very early stages so please excuse the poor quality and inorance to website construction. To beat all, I'm a computer programmer. But I program on AS/400 if that's an excuse.

6. Butch Snyder

Mar 17, 2003
    Lebanon, OH
    I'm speaking of the "newest" American Deluxe with the (2) Vintage Noiseless pickups...

7. jam

jam Tele-Meister

Mar 16, 2003
    Philly PA area
    Don't remember a 3 P/U w/o toggle...

My '99 had the toggle. I liked the setup so much I dropped a push-pull pot into a Nashville B-bender tele I briefly owned.

JAM

8. Cam

Cam Tele-Afflicted

Mar 16, 2003
    Canada
    Noiseless pups

I have a US tele deluxe. I will never change the noiseless pups. They are cleaner than the pups in the 52 ri. I think some folks here call this the "sterile" sound. The absolute clarity is the reason I like them. Both the guitars sound stereotypically tele but with more growl to the 52 ri and more sparkling clean for the tele deluxe. I give the noiseless three thumbs up.

9. Butch Snyder

Mar 17, 2003
    Lebanon, OH
    When Fender came out with this new American Deluxe, it had 3 Vintage Noiseless pickups in it. It's identical to the current model except it had a Vintage Noiseless Strat pickup in the middle.

10. FenderBender

FenderBender TDPRI Member

Oct 22, 2003
    Deluxe and Plus Models

Sorry this one doesn't answer your original question about the route under the pickguard on the newest two-pup models, but I just wanted to put in my 2 cents regarding Plus and Deluxe model variations.

The plus model from the early and mid 90's was discontinued in about 1995. The "Plus" name was given to a very high-end tele that hit the market in the 1996 and 1997 model years with 3 pups (Gold Lace Sensors) in strat configuration and a single bound, contoured body. That model became the "Deluxe" in about 1998 I believe. The only changes I am aware of are the fret markers and the pups to "noiseless". A year or so later the "Deluxe" dropped its middle pup and is currently sold in that configuration.

Essentially, the newest models of the "Deluxe" are basically a continuance of the "Plus" models from 1996 on with only minor variation. All of the models since 1996 are VERY high-quality fit and finish, and are condsidered by many to be of equal or better quality than some Custom Shop models.

There may have been a couple of pup variations between Lace Sensor, Fender Lace Sensor and Noiseless, I am not sure. The "Plus" models even had nicer latches on the molded case!

I like the 3-pup models as well... It made the model special I thought. So many teles... so little time. Hope this helps.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.