Today was a three steps forward, two steps back sort of day. The wiring loom is in: There's definitely at least one broken solder join. This is going to be horrible. Oh well... Next I need to fit the pickup rings: These rings are great - a friend of mine makes them for me on a laser cutter and they're clear acrylic with black top and bottom. It's a subtle effect but lovely when they catch the light. Might as well get the bridge on: And we're more or less ready to put strings on!: Just as long as I don't do anything stupid... So, drilling the hole for the trussrod cover, I managed to scratch the headstock. No problem, it's shallow, I can buff that out, right? I'll just get the tuner ferrules out - and out they come, along with a big chip of lacquer from the headstock. Bugger. I have a bad habit of forgetting to photograph when something goes wrong and I'm stressed, but it would be a sand down to the wood job to fix properly. My only alternative, which I think I'm going to go for, is to put vinyl on the headstock. I've done that on other builds anyway and I wasn't convinced by the all black look of this one, so I'm going to give it a go. Unfortunately getting a vinyl veneer on there and trimming it is pretty much impossible without scratching the lacquer around the edges, so I've sanded and oversprayed the back of the headstock as well - I'll have to check it next weekend and hope I got enough lacquer on to carry on with it. Oh well, I think it will look better this way anyway. Darn it, and I was so looking forward to sorting out that wiring!