Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

alamo paragon?

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by sspitt2e, Sep 2, 2017.

1. sspitt2e

sspitt2e NEW MEMBER!

Sep 2, 2017
    Deming, New Mexico
    ok i know this subject has been cast into forums often and never did get resolved . i need to find a schematic or some sort of straight on top to bottom for the alamo paragon bass amp its old probably one of the few like it still around it was working awesome from time i brought it from an friend along with a red four string gremilin bass when i was 14yrs old im 42 now i took it to a guy who sounded knowledgeable to a degree he replaced can cap and man what a screwed mess and it doesnt sound anything anymore .or maybe ifn i post a pic or two maybe someone can point me in direction on fixing it my self

2. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX
    IMHO, that amp needs to be in the hands of an experienced amp tech. I don't find a schematic for it. That means that whoever is working on it needs to be able to understand the circuit without a schematic as well as have an understanding of basic audio amplification.

And....welcome to the forum....

3. corliss1

corliss1 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Sep 13, 2008
    Lansing, MI
    There's a few discussions about these over on the music-electronics-forum as well, but no schematics there either. some people are saying the output transformer is wired "odd" but since we can't find diagrams, I can't say for sure what that means. It'll be best to get it to a tech that knows tube amps well and a schematic shouldn't be needed, and we likely won't have the resources here to help you troubleshoot this type of amp just based on photos.

4. Paul G.

Paul G. Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Rhode Island
    I had one for years, but could never find schematics. Being really point-to-point, you would need a real top guy to figure out what's going on.

My one attempt to install a grounded plug didn't go well. Bzzt!!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.