Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Agile Guitar Club-For the Thrifty Musician!

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by twintwelve, Jan 25, 2011.

1. bdbrown

bdbrown Tele-Meister

Feb 7, 2014
    Sapulpa, OK
    Here is my 3100, love it.
    Have no idea why uploaded pics have been rotated, sorry

Attached Files:

2. Marshall_Stack

Marshall_Stack Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Sep 19, 2011
    Portland, Maine

Awesome work on that video and nice picking.

3. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    Yes it is. Found it advertised on the CL back East for $40. $40!!

4. PaisleyAddict

PaisleyAddict Tele-Meister

Dec 12, 2015
    Springfield
    I'd love to have an Agile AD-201. There was a cherry one on Rondo a week ago that had a tune-o-matic bridge instead of the wraparound and a 1 3/4" nut. $225. Someone bought it, of course. It killed me that I didn't have the money. Bummer.

http://www.rondomusic.com/ad201hcwide.html

I'm crossing my fingers, hoping that a similar TV yellow one shows up.

5. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    I went back through most of the pages & didn't see if I posted this AD201. If it's a duplicate I'll delete or post a different Agile ;)!
    [​IMG]*crikey, it won't even post my imgur images. Geeeez

It'd help if you could post more than 1 image at a time from a phone on this site.

Attached Files:

6. 62 Jazzmaster

62 Jazzmaster Friend of Leo's

About a month ago I plucked some low-hanging fruit on eBay, an SX VTG Series short scale Tele-style that ended up going for $2.25 Canadian. I felt bad about getting it so cheap and later sent him what I'd been prepared to pay for it.

Anyhow, it's quite a nice lil' guitar and suits my wife's smaller hands better than a 25 1/2" scale.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015

7. PaisleyAddict

PaisleyAddict Tele-Meister

Dec 12, 2015
    Springfield
    Looks really cool. How does it sound?

8. Brendan

Brendan Tele-Holic

Feb 21, 2004
    [​IMG]

I worked on mine this weekend and got some mini-hums installed in the P90 routes.

9. rabbithowls

rabbithowls TDPRI Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Colorado
    My most recent Rondo acquisition, SX Thinline. '51 Nocaster Pickups, new CTS pots, CRL, Switchcraft jack. Locking tuners in transit, and graphtech saddles. The best value out there. $263 all in. ImageUploadedByTDPRI1452393627.463100.jpg

10. Buckman

Buckman TDPRI Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Westchester, NY
    I just picked up an AL 2000 goldtop with humbuckers. Did swap out the pups with Duncans and man, sounds and plays great.

11. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    Just sold this to a forum member. AL300M. Thought this thread could use the prOn.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. jackinjax

jackinjax Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Sep 11, 2016
    Jacksonville
    My first good electric guitar was a 2007 Agile Dauntless, a beautiful amber color. I regret having sold it but couldn't justify keeping it after buying a very similar US made LP.
    Below is my first telecaster style. Because I already knew about Agile quality, I didn't hesitate to buy it online. It's the TC-625 MN-TBR. I've upgraded the pickups to Fender Custom Shop '51 Nocasters.

[​IMG]

13. TigerG

TigerG Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Aug 14, 2015
    Nashville
    I'm calling this one LANGD--Like a new guitar day!
    I've had this AL3200 since 2012, but recently completed some work on it that has me all gaga over it again like it's brand new. I installed a Vaughn Skow Velvet Tele pickup set, which called for conversion rings, so I made up a pair. Did a fret level & dress and finally got around to cutting a the zero-friction nut to go with the Hipshot Trilogy.
    About the finish, I gotta say this guitar has gotten more color compliments than any guitar I've ever owned. Blue wasn't really my first choice; I was really after a cherry sunburst, but lefty wide-neck AL3200's were not a constant in the Rondo line up. I'd been watching the website closely for months, and when a lefty wide-neck 3200 finally re-appeared after a long absence, blue was the best--if not the only--color choice available. I've grown to really love it.
    Under that chicken-head knob is a rotary PU switch: 1. neck; 2. neck & bridge parallel in-phase; 3. neck & bridge series out-of-phase (this gives a great Peter Green-like honk); 4. bridge
    The pot closest to the bar tailpiece is a master volume. The neck tone pot is push-pull which in down position makes it a control for the volume bypass cap.

AL3200 20170213A-modified.jpg

brookdalebill and cam.man67 like this.

14. WildGuitar

WildGuitar Tele-Meister

Oct 18, 2014
    Minneapolis
    I used to own this one

[​IMG]

horax, brookdalebill and TigerG like this.

15. WildGuitar

WildGuitar Tele-Meister

Oct 18, 2014
    Minneapolis
    I won this LP 2500 Sunday night after I posted the photo above so now I'm back in the club!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. atomicsitup

atomicsitup NEW MEMBER!

I figured my first post on a Telecaster forum should be a pic of my new Agile 3010.

Agile_3010_s.jpg

brookdalebill and bender66 like this.

17. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Howdy and welcome!
    Nice looking guitar!

18. Lacking Talent

Lacking Talent Tele-Holic

Oct 22, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    My (quite light) AL-3100MCC in Sea Foam...

s-l1600.jpg

Nubs and horax like this.

19. horax

horax Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2011
    colorado springs
    Here's a few I"ve had over the years. Some I wish I still had.
    3100 in burst
    2000 in root beer (excellent guitar!)
    SX furrian
    SX Hawk

I modded the hawk with new hardware and pickups (gray bottoms from guitarfetsh). Sounded amazing! Neck was changed to a Squier VM Strat neck with rosewood. A local pro heard it and paid me a ridiculous sum for it as he was tone searching at the time. I had to accept. Wish I hadn't. It was the only strat I ever truly loved.

The furrian was good, but I sold it after I started buying Fenders. Not a bad entry level tele.

The AL2k was one of the better deals I ever had. Swapped out the knobs for some tele style chrome dome knobs. EVerything else stayed stock. I added a headstock decal for more bling.

The AL3k....wish I still had it! The twin P90's were solid! Nothing needed updating.

al3kbody.jpg al3khead.jpg body.jpg headstock.jpg 302190_2556111873261_1861576397_n (1).jpg 310307_2556128513677_2021030429_n.jpg sx_red.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.