Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Agile Guitar Club-For the Thrifty Musician!

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by twintwelve, Jan 25, 2011.

1. defaultoprime

defaultoprime Tele-Meister

Mar 5, 2007
    Grafton WI
    She's a 2500

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  2. Buckman

Buckman TDPRI Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Westchester, NY
    After more rehearsals with the 3100, and A/Bing it with my Epi SG with a 59 & JB duncans I'm going to keep the stock pups in it. Doing my first gig with it Friday.

I think I'm going to sell the AD-201. Never been a P90 guy, or any single coil for thar matter. Its a great guitar and records very well but too noisy to use live.

And I just picked up the AD-3000 doublecut this week. It doesn't play as well as the others and the neck is kinda chunky but it sounds great and is beautiful. It speaks to me.

3. dlc1953

dlc1953 Tele-Meister

May 17, 2010
    camano island wa
    Just arrived yesterday ,A 3100. Have bought 3 others,2Tele's and one other LP.All great. This one is amazing![​IMG]

4. nomadh

nomadh Tele-Holic

May 2, 2008
    san diego
  5. nomadh

nomadh Tele-Holic

May 2, 2008
    san diego

I've only touched a few xavires. A gumby colored and feeling tele. It was a quick look but it seemed competent. And an upscale dblcut w f holes that seemed pretty nice. I have had a few agiles and sx and a douglas. I liked them all alot better generally but the big selling point to me is the rondo warranty. I read too many reports of problems returning xavires plus much much more a need to do the return. Also it seems rondo sandbags and takes the Plainest pictures of his most plain guitars for the web. the 100's of customers pictures and reviews sold me.

6. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    I've been waiting for a Custom to come my way for awhile. It finally showed up on GC used after I couldn't obtain it via CL. Check the specs for a Callisto CUS. Full mahawg, chunky neck, etc. $129 used, $199 new. This was my 2nd favorite color option.

Attached Files:

7. Buckman

Buckman TDPRI Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Westchester, NY
    AD 3000

Here is the latest. Got a great price on B stock. Flipped an AD 201 to pay for it.

Attached Files:

8. Zipslack

Zipslack Tele-Meister

Jun 8, 2011
    Mississippi
    Really like the 3000...I was drooling over it myself, but still waiting for some money to come in...oh well.

9. dlc1953

dlc1953 Tele-Meister

May 17, 2010
    camano island wa
    Man nice Finish on that!!!

10. Buckman

Buckman TDPRI Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Westchester, NY
    It is a really nice guitar. Close inspection reveals a 3-piece body and a two piece neck. And it is a B stock, so there is a visible knot in the back of the body on one of the pieces. But considering I picked it up for 259 including a brown hardshell, it is a whole lotta guitar for the beans. I mean, ridiculous amount of guitar for the beans. Abalone inlays, ebony board, Alnico Vs, good electronics. And the case is pretty tidy too. Since I live in the northeast, shipping was only 16 bucks. Maybe the best two and a half fins I ever spent on a guitar.

11. Buckman

Buckman TDPRI Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Westchester, NY
    Got the board recording from the gig aand a lot of A/B comparison with the AL-3100. I have to say the DC is way darker sounding than the AL. It's all midrange with little high end shimmer. The pups have a really good growl and grind so may try swapping out electronics first. What would you guys recommend?

12. Buckman

Buckman TDPRI Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Westchester, NY
    Today I put Duncans (59 and JB) in the AD 3000 double cut. Way better. Brighter and a lot more detail.

13. RiverDog

RiverDog Tele-Afflicted

Sep 23, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Here's my Agile AX-2 Ghost with original case. I absolutely love it. This model was only made for a short time. Most likely due to a love letter to Kurt from Gibson's attorneys.

Attached Files:

14. EllaMir

EllaMir TDPRI Member

Mar 16, 2015
    New York

Ben,

I've been looking into buying one for a while now. But there is surprisingly little information out there in terms of user feedback. A few YouTube videos, etc but like you said, mostly from the shredders.

I'm glad to hear the pickups are sounding alright so far. That has been the one thing holding me back. I can imagine having to swap these out would be a nightmare of an expense.

How is the noise?

15. StormJH1

StormJH1 Tele-Holic

There are some absolutely beautiful guitars in this thread - and I mean beautiful by ANY standard, not just "$250 Chinese guitar" standard.

[​IMG]

Mine is an AL-2000 - I probably would've opted for a 3000-series if I was buying direct, but I actually found it used in very good condition. I was able to play it beforehand that way and save a few bucks, versus worrying about getting something substandard in the mail. However, I've heard enough and seen enough to buy from Rondo music with a good deal of confidence.

Pretty sure the 2000 has ceramic pups, but with humbuckers, that isn't necessarily a bad thing (some popular Duncan's are ceramic). I assumed I would swap them out right away, but after realizing I liked them better than some higher-end humbuckers, I got cold feet about making a change. They are probably a bit thinner than a traditional humbucker, but it's a less jarring transition switching over from single coils, and the neck pup has almost an "Alnico II" vibe to it. It's a great playing and sounding guitar, that I could probably make even better if I knew a few more things about guitar setup and maintenance.

Seriously, though, the range of decorative and feature options you get in Agiles really puts Epiphone to shame, and at about half the price. The thing feels almost like a $1,500 standard in my hands. I'm tempted to eventually buy another one.

16. HTSMetal

HTSMetal TDPRI Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Satan's Armpit, KY
    Thought I'd toss in my two cents:

I bought an oceanburst Agile AL-3010SE in 2013, and this guitar has blown my initial expectations out of the water. Besides the fact that it's a gorgeous instrument, the fit, finish and playability is far above and beyond anything I've played in a similar price range. Here's a shot of it after I added some abalone knobs:

[​IMG]

Also thought I'd include a video demo of my guitar in case anyone who is on the fence has some sound clips to reference:

17. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Tele-Afflicted

Jun 11, 2010
    Western Canada
    I owned an 3200 for a bit, but I sent it back because between the time I ordered it and the arrival I blew out the rotator cuff on my shoulder, and couldn't play it... it was a heavy guitar, but the quality was great!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have this refinished SX tele, with an GFS neck. The stock rondo SX neck pup is great!

[​IMG]

18. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    SX Callisto CUStom 3 piece all mahogany for $135 new. 1 of many Rondos.

Attached Files:

19. nomadh

nomadh Tele-Holic

May 2, 2008
    san diego
    Heres a few of mine
    This is my last, a HSB al3001 with the ss frets. For the closeout $300 I had to try it.
    Its only 9 lbs and is a great guitar. It still didn't satisfy my Gibson lust but then even my 3 stabs at a Gibson still didn't satisfy so I cant blame Rondo at all.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my first al. Its a 2500 albino. Got it during my huge maple kick. Not as hot on the looks as I once was but its a great guitar and is a regular on stage with me and looks stunning.
    [​IMG]

This is my Ash Rondo Collection.
    Including my 2 SX ash strats, the burl ash thinline Douglas and my Furrian contoured tele
    [​IMG]
    The strats are a shortscale and a standard scale LTD. Never played the short much but its solid and plays well. The ltd has one slightly high fret I work around but its actually a few good and totally beautiful guitar. It has the cheap electronics I should replace but I find its crazy overly bright tone is perfect for reggae. For that very rare occasion so I've kept it as is.

This was my 2fer purchase. I had been eyeing the ash contoured tele. It was getting low in stock and it was too damn good so there was no sale happening. I spent the big bucks on it (maybe 129 or 149?) and as a lark I threw in the lp jr because it was on closeout for $89. The callisto jr was just a crazy fun rawk guitar. I just makes you want to stage dive. The tele is a total chameleon. It looks like a tele but its elegant with its beautiful body grain and flamey neck. The flat radius makes it more untele feeling. The pickups are real good. Great tone, very flexible for lots of things but only skirts the classic tele tone.
    Yes I am generally happy with my rondo purchases.

20. rp1138

rp1138 Tele-Meister

Dec 4, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    My custom AD-3100M with P90's, gold hardware, and add on Bigsby.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.