Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Agile Guitar Club-For the Thrifty Musician!

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by twintwelve, Jan 25, 2011.

1. twintwelve

twintwelve Tele-Afflicted

Nov 13, 2010
    Laurel, DE
    Let's see 'em1 I know a lot of you guys have taken the plunge and tried one of these cool, inexpensive guitars.
    Here's mine:
    agoldtop.jpg

agoldtop2.jpg

aagile.jpg

aagile1.jpg

aagile2.jpg

The sunburst is a 1996 Al-3000 that my wife bought me for my 40th. I had planned to change pickups etc., but I have left well enough alone (except for aluminum tailpiece and bone nut). The Alnico V are killer, my favorite humbuckers on any guitar I have. The neck is a nice '50's profile, the frets were perfect outta the box, I love the ebony fingerboard (which I thought I'd hate), and it isn't even that heavy-a bit under 8lbs. I use it at almost every gig with my blues/rock/roots band. I like the sick expression some of the Gibson "investors' I know get when they play it!
    At the top is a 1998 AL-2500 Goldtop 3 P-90 model. Also a very nice guitar, especially for under $300USD! Not nearly as good in the pickup department-I replaced the neck with a SD Antiquity, and the bridge with a Maxon mini-HB from a 1977 Greco LP Deluxe copy. The neck, fretwork, tuners and
    finish on both guitars are top notch. Join the club!!

2. twintwelve

twintwelve Tele-Afflicted

Nov 13, 2010
    Laurel, DE
  3. PennyCentury

PennyCentury Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 16, 2009
    New Hampshire
  4. mrothe

mrothe Tele-Meister

Jan 18, 2011
    US
    I got an Agile AL2000 honey sunburst about a year ago. Still can't believe the price for this thing. It's a good guitar and a great deal for sure.

5. 6cylrider98

6cylrider98 Tele-Meister

Apr 13, 2010
    maryland
    [​IMG]
    My AL-3100 wide rootbeer and CV50 Tele.

6. getrguy1

getrguy1 Tele-Holic

Here's mine:

Attached Files:

7. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I was on the Rondo Music website just today. I may have an opportunity to travel to Alaska in April, and I'm thinking of a travel guitar. But I guess I was looking more in the SX line than Agile. Still, pretty guitars at good prices, and some good recommendations here. Hmmm...

Anyone have experience with both SX and Agile from Rondo?

8. 6cylrider98

6cylrider98 Tele-Meister

Apr 13, 2010
    maryland
  9. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Well, the plan for Alaska fell through, but the first leg of the trip would have been a visit to our family farm southwest of Fort Worth. I was hoping to pick up a Tele clone to keep on our family farm, which in essence means giving it to my kid brother. In addition to SX, Agile & Douglas, I'm thinking of Xaviere and Jay Turser.

Now I realize I'm asking this in an Agile thread, so I would expect votes in favor of Agile (or Douglas or SX). But can anyone with experience in more than one of the brands just mentioned qualify for me why I should go Agile or...?

10. RubyRae

RubyRae Friend of Leo's

Dec 8, 2009
    Cincinnati
    In my earch for a Les Paul (type) guitar, my interest is peeked by these. Seems like they play great and look great. I would have to get mother of pearl, cause that that abalone inly looks way too blue and weird for my taste, but still the al-3100 have some nice ones. Will wait and see how the money goes for me, but I like what I see so far.

11. Tele Fan

Tele Fan Friend of Leo's

Oct 26, 2007
    Louisville, Ky
    I had an Agile that I really liked but it was just too heavy. I'm guessing it was around 10-12 lbs.

12. ghostwolf

ghostwolf Tele-Holic

Oct 23, 2008
    out of it
    i don't have an Agile, but i do have a modified SX tele. i reshaped the headstock, and stripped and refinished the body and neck. it started life as their version of BSB. infected mustard is a better description... the second is a Douglas WNO 630. The tele is my favorite guitar, my strats are not happy. just got the Douglas, still getting used to it.

Attached Files:

13. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    So you're SX Tele is your favorite? That's good to know. Did you do any mods to it beyond the re-shaping of the headstock (well done, BTW) and refinishing of the body and neck?

14. xStonr

xStonr Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jun 26, 2005
    W. Palm Beach
    I own 2 Agiles. Amazing guitars for the money.

AL2500
    [​IMG]

Harm
    [​IMG]

15. FastMattTX

FastMattTX Tele-Meister

Nov 21, 2009
    Tejas
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ummmm... what's an Agile? :p

I'm kinda fond of my 3100 wide (which IS a heavy beast) and my Lake Placid Blue Harm 3 12-string.

16. craigs63

craigs63 Tele-Holic

Aug 23, 2009
    Naperville, IL
    Got this Harm 12 string a couple years back (insurance replacement for a stolen Dano 12, at the time they weren't being made). Nice neck, I want to put a coil tap switch or switches in, the mini humbuckers are pretty hot.
    [​IMG]

17. tvvoodoo

tvvoodoo Tele-Afflicted

Jun 11, 2010
    Western Canada
    I have an SX STL Ash which I refinished, and am now tweaking for play - this when still in progress. So far I like it - finally got 4 way switching, but never could get phase switch working.

[​IMG]

18. sjturbo

sjturbo Tele-Meister

Dec 3, 2008
    Tucson, Az
    I don't have one, but I want this one!
    [​IMG]

19. smsuryan

smsuryan Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Attached Files:

20. tweeddeluxe

tweeddeluxe Tele-Afflicted

Mar 16, 2003
    MD
    Here's mine. Definitely satisfied my Les Paul jones.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.