Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Aftermarket Nickel Silver Tele neck pup covers are scarce?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by DugT, Jan 10, 2019.

1. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jun 4, 2005
    Williamsville NY
    DugT likes this.
  2. I've been getting my nickle silver single coil and humbucker covers from Kenny at Philadelphia Luthier Supply. His prices are fair, and quality and service is excellent,

He has single coil covers in both plated and un-plated nickle silver.

For those that prefer an open single coil sound at the neck, he has some nice nickle silver covers that are open over the poles. They dress up the pickup real nice and are, of course, transparent :).

Best Regards,
    Geo.

3. Greggorios

Greggorios Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Jun 18, 2016
    Patterson, NY
    A lot of the boutique pickup builders offer a number of different neck pickup covers including nickle. Lindy Fralin offers them as below. (no affiliation but I really like some of his pickups...the telecaster blues specials are a nice variation)

upload_2019-1-12_18-47-39.png

4. J-fish

J-fish Tele-Meister

Jan 1, 2014
    Tuscany, Italy
    I'd like to change the neck pickup cover of a cheap Tele copy I have, from brass to a nichel silver one.
    Before even searching for the cover, I'd like to know a couple of things. Sorry if this has already been covered before, I think I already read about this subject in the past.
    Did you have squealing, microphonics issues after the change? Does the pick up need to be completely re-potted? Or, do I have to fill the space between the cover and the top of the pickup somehow? How did you exactly do this change?
    Thank you very much in advance

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.