Affinity neck pocket......

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by mwaym, Jan 11, 2019.

1. mwaym

mwaym Tele-Meister

I have a standard tele neck..... Will a tele affinity body neck pocket be the same size ? I want to use my neck.....

2. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

I believe, and I may certainly be wrong here, that all the measurements on an Affinity are slightly smaller, other than the scale length. If that's the case a little work is all that's needed to fit that neck. I know the body is slimmer, as I once had to finely chisel the centre of a CRL switch to get it to fit.Also I bought one in about 2000 and the luthier/salesman told me there were miniscule size differences in the Affinity range. some are the same like bridge, tailpiece, but I believe they are slightly smaller in places.Only millimetres.
    Which is good news as you can fit your neck but if it's too big a pocket you'd be in some strife. JMHO.

3. maverick-tx

maverick-tx TDPRI Member Gold Supporter

077CC66C-828E-416B-9CCE-8A6698D190FC.jpeg I just built one up over Christmas with stuff I mostly had laying around. The neck fits but I had to relocate the bridge for my build. You will be limited to the Affinity modern style bridge unless you can do some mod work. Mine turned out great but I’ll be getting a proper body at some point.

nicod98 likes this.
  4. Peregrino69

Peregrino69 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I've got a -97 Affinity, and an Allparts Fender certified neck with truss rod adjustment on the heel. It goes in just fine. A real tight fit, but that's really not a disadvantage, right?

TeleTown and nicod98 like this.
  5. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Afflicted

Yes... I am working on a project where a 2013 Affinity Body meets a Classic Vibe neck... PERFECT fit.
    And since the CV is made with standard Fender dimension in mind (and a MIM Fender neck fits a CV body), I think it's safe to assume another standard neck will fit the Affinity.

all might be a dangerous word here... The 1999+ Affinity has a thinner body and a top load bridge, and that's about it. Saddle width on most Asian guitars - including the Affinity - is slightly different from the American specs, but that doesn't change the neck fit.

There might be some variation in the neck, sometimes the neck width at the nut (but my measurements prove that is mostly an urban legend on recent 2018 models)

Ydwen Jones likes this.
  6. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

All was a bad word to use. I was only trying to help on the advice of a Galloup school graduate / friend of mine. I was also speaking about a stratocaster I pieced together.
    If you don't want my advice, or anyone else's don't ask . I was only trying to help.

7. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Afflicted

This is a forum, you just gave it your two cents. I just pointed out that all might mean a lot more than the things that really are different. I know some telecaster-like guitars exist with a smaller body, not just thinner, but also smaller, and I pointed out that this is NOT the case for the Affinity, even though your "all" might make people think that that might be the case.

I for one really appreciate it that you give feedback. Now I think you are a bit "angry" about the fact that I did. If I did hurt you (even though I don't know how or why you'd feel that way), please know that was not the intention either.

8. zombiwoof

zombiwoof Tele-Holic

I think Fender standardized the neck heel/pocket dimensions at some point in the last few years across the line, I just don't know when they did it or what year the guitar you are talking about was made. Chances are the new neck will fit unless your guitar is an older model.
    Al

JK202 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.