Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups

Aerodyne Telecaster [CIJ] Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by elmerbumpkin, Jun 22, 2009.

1. jammers5

jammers5 Tele-Afflicted

Nov 21, 2009
    Mount Pearl NL
    Hey all:

I have an opportunity to buy one for $400 Cnd - it's a 2007 Tele Aerodyne with a hardshell case. Owner is out of town right now and the guitar is stored in his parents basement. Owner describes the guitar as "mint" with very little use.

Two questions:
    1.) is that a good price?
    2.) where would a 2007 have been made?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011

2. Oakville Dave

Oakville Dave Friend of Leo's

GREAT PRICE!! I was on the Rock myself up to Aug. 24th!! If it's as good as he says, grab it!!

3. 62 Jazzmaster

62 Jazzmaster Friend of Leo's

^me too, I scan craigslist every day looking for the right Aerodyne Tele.

4. tfarny

tfarny Tele-Afflicted

Sep 4, 2008
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Can I join?

This is not an aerodyne tele, it's a Warmoth parts guitar but you can see how influenced I was by the aerodyne. Kick me out if you don't like it (but I know you like it...)

5. audiohatemchine

audiohatemchine Tele-Holic

Apr 2, 2011
    Akl NZ
    Man. These things are cool. I've never seen one in this country. Only... ONE aerodyne strat and ... Maybe two jazz basses, and one Pbass.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2011

6. Martin Butler

Martin Butler TDPRI Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Just got my Aerodyne through a member at this site. The serial number begins with 04, I'm guessing that means 2004? Does anyone know exactly which pickups come with it. You know, which version bridge pickup? Was the soapbar "P-90" pickup ever used in another model, etc. It's not the same as one of Gibsons' P-90's I assume.

7. Bruce Burgess

Bruce Burgess TDPRI Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Burlington, VT
    When my work-horse broke, I bought a new Aerodyne (at a discount, as they had been discontinued).
    I had actually chosen a Big Block Tele, but then it was gone; I was looking for something like it.
    Guitar Sam of Montpelier made the set-up great. (Off the rack it was low.) I got rid of my other guitars, as they weren't as sturdy, or as good in the studio. It seems made for Fender amps, but the P90 helped to heavy up a small Boogie. Being string-through, there's no end of sustain.

8. deepea

deepea Tele-Meister

Nov 28, 2009
    My exclusive axe these days. Here's the latest eye candy.

9. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006

That's why they're so hard to find! You're buying 'em all! Give the rest of us a chance!

10. joaopazguitar

joaopazguitar Tele-Holic

Apr 27, 2012
    Porto, Portugal
    wonderful guitars and my thoughts exactly :cool:

11. Tone Chase

Tone Chase Tele-Meister

Aug 20, 2014
    Windsor ON Canada
    Well, I am new to posting on this forum, and I like the Guitar owners portion of the forum.

Here are some shots of my recently acquired 2002-04 Q Crafted in Japan Aerodyne Telecaster.

They are harder to find. This one asked me to buy it. I likely payed the going rate or too much.

The ebay prices are $600 to $1200, with perhaps some luck at getting it for less.

It seems that the Aerodyne Strat is a little easier to find.

It has a great voice, or voicing combination due to the pickups. I have only had it for a week and already have some advice: Mine sounded awesome when I bought it. The pickups were dialed in. I tried to make adjustments to the pickups and learned a few things. Keep the adjustment on the lower side to keep things sweet. It is still plenty loud.

Is it my best Tele? Time will tell. It is very unique, but I don't expect it to be my #1. I really needed this Tele in a tuxedo. DSCN4799.jpg

12. AjayTele

AjayTele Tele-Afflicted

Aug 11, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    My photo hosting service went belly up, so here's the burst again...

Oh, and here's another one...

13. MolokoPlus

MolokoPlus NEW MEMBER!

Feb 12, 2015
    Toronto, ON
    I thought I would share a few shots of my newly acquired white aerodyne telecaster. It was hard to track down this rare aerodyne colour, as Fender Japan only made a limited number in white, and cherry sunburst. I choose the colour now based upon my mood when I'm playing.

14. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 19, 2010
    Where's the "Like" button!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.