Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Aerodyne Telecaster [CIJ] Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by elmerbumpkin, Jun 22, 2009.

1. elmerbumpkin

elmerbumpkin Tele-Meister

Jun 20, 2006
    A-TX
    I am the proud owner of a 2006 Aerodyne Telecaster. Love the single coil and the P90 in there. Headstock is painted black, too. [CIJ]

[​IMG]

2. surfco

surfco Tele-Afflicted

Mar 24, 2009
    BAJA

3. Dirty Steve

Dirty Steve Tele-Holic

Nov 1, 2008
    Lurking
    I want one. That's all I know.

4. AjayTele

AjayTele Tele-Afflicted

Aug 11, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Here's a more colourful verision...

[​IMG]

5. Mike Bruce

Mike Bruce Friend of Leo's

Apr 8, 2008
    Ontario
    Mine is just like the OP's. It's a killer guitar with great tones. The only weak spot might be the P-90, though it's still pretty good. Most comfortable Tele I've owned.

I love it.

Mike Bruce

6. deepea

deepea Tele-Meister

Nov 28, 2009
    SLC
    My favourite guitar of all time! Of course, Ajay had to post that burst, now
    I WANT one of those too!!! My numbers 1 and 2:

[​IMG]

dp

p.s. anyone have the specs on these? Is the neck a C? Thinnest C I've owned.

7. AjayTele

AjayTele Tele-Afflicted

Aug 11, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    And of course, fellow forumite Rhomco created this beauty...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, that's right, it's a 12 String Aerodyne... :cool:

8. deepea

deepea Tele-Meister

Nov 28, 2009
    SLC
    For those of you who are interested, I now have a P, Q, and R serial series
    Aerodyne, and would like to show some differences. The Q and R are identical.
    The P, however, it a bit different, which is why I'm sharing this info. Fender's
    site has the P + 5 digits dating from 1999 - 2002. This model is close enough
    to be considered an Aero, but it's not designated as such. First of all, the headstock
    doesn't contain the word "Aerodyne". It's also not a waterslide, it's one of
    those metal inlay logos:
    [​IMG]

Next, the bridgeplate sets in a depression on this model whereas the newer
    versions rest on the top of the body:
    [​IMG]

Other minor differences I've found are: knobs aren't as domed, back edge
    is more rounded, and there WAS a rhythm/treble ring around the 3way.

On a side note, I did notice that there was not a earth wire from the bridge
    to the vol. pot. It's devoid of that wire altogether.

So there it is. Hope this is useful to....well, anyone!

dp

9. Oakville Dave

Oakville Dave Friend of Leo's

Just joined the Aerodyne Tele club today! See my thread on the Telecaster Discussion page, with pics. It's an S series in practically new condition.

10. Oakville Dave

Here's a few pics...

Attached Files:

11. tcarp

tcarp Tele-Holic

Feb 1, 2009
    rockaway nj
    Woulda, coulda, shoulda.....or hindsight is 20/20.

I had a chance to pick up a shop worn Aerodyne at a local GC 2 years ago...it had a few buckle scratches and a ding on the back but otherwise in fine shape and it was as light as my Thinline. They were blowing it out for around $350 as I recall.

I dig the look of the Aerodyne.

12. clayfeat

clayfeat Tele-Afflicted

Jan 19, 2005
    bloomington, in

13. Oakville Dave

Lookin' Good, clayfeat! You must have swapped out the P90 cover for ivory, right?

14. clayfeat

clayfeat Tele-Afflicted

Jan 19, 2005
    bloomington, in
    Hey Dave. Sorry, I didn't see your post until today.

Yes, that was the cover the Seymour Duncan Antiquity P-90 had on it. It seemed to match up ok with the binding so I went with it!

Gives it some contrast I think.

15. Johnny_O

Johnny_O TDPRI Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Ontario
    I'm currently looking into one of these on Craigslist. Dig the P90 and the binding, but I find a tele just looks naked without a pickguard. I think it's that horizontal line that's aesthetically pleasing.

16. Mike Bruce

Apr 8, 2008
    Ontario

17. nvilletele

nvilletele Friend of Leo's

Jul 4, 2008
    California
    Since some time has now passed, can you provide any input on that Soapbar 'bucker in your Aerodyne? I am still getting used to my newly acquired Aerodyne, so not yet sure whether I'll swap out either of the pups, but would be interested in hearing your thoughts on that GFS.

I'll get some pics of my Aerodyne posted here soon . . . though its probably not too hard to imagine what it looks like . . . . The pics I put up in my NGD post were just those I had found elsehwere.

18. nvilletele

nvilletele Friend of Leo's

Jul 4, 2008
    California
    I am not a very good photographer (obviously), but here are some pics of my aerodyne tele . . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Mike Bruce

Apr 8, 2008
    Ontario

20. krome_magnon

krome_magnon NEW MEMBER!

Oct 11, 2009
    Wales
    Edit: Never mind, the Owner came back and oncde I had done the fret levelling he just wanted to take it and carry on mangling the electrics. Some people do not deserve the guitars they own...

A quick question. What should the Aerodynes controls be?

I have one here that's in need of TLC. When it got here theres was a rattle from the control compartment. All leads clipped off and twisted together, held in place with electrical tape. There appears to be a vol pot with treble bleed and a TBX tone. The tone comes complete with a capacitor that's only soldered at one end!

It's very likely that somebody has tried to upgrade and failed big time. All fixable but I find no mention of TBX in the Aerodyne's specs.

So what are the original electrics supposed to be.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.