Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Advice on First Practice Amp

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by Leland, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Leland

Leland NEW MEMBER!

Sep 7, 2017
    Ballston Spa, NY
    Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at picking up a practice amp soon, and have narrowed it down to the Amplifi 75 or THR10c. I'm looking for thoughts before I make a decision. Thanks!

Cliffyg62 likes this.

2. Cliffyg62

Cliffyg62 Tele-Meister

Aug 16, 2015
    West Berlin, nj
    Do you need portability then thr10c. Wireless then... one thing to consider might be the vox adio gt air don't let the looks fool you it kicks and has great tones in it. I had trouble stopping playing today and it has a really good set of amps and effects to use. Not selling but love my thr but it's starting to get neglected.
    Good luck and if you can try to play them.

3. BelairPlayer

BelairPlayer Tele-Holic

Jun 22, 2010
    Ca
    I'd suggest looking at the Vox Adio, also. It's as ugly as sin, but has some really interesting features.

Cliffyg62 likes this.

4. Cliffyg62

Cliffyg62 Tele-Meister

Aug 16, 2015
    West Berlin, nj
    I actually like its look but it is so compact but had such a great sound. Fills the room... fits on a shelf on my desk. Replaced a gt40 that I had on my office floor. Ya gotta hear it to believe it.

5. Leland

Leland NEW MEMBER!

Sep 7, 2017
    Ballston Spa, NY
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I ended up finding a used THR10c, and I couldn't be more happy, it's exactly what I was looking for.

Cliffyg62 likes this.

6. Cliffyg62

Cliffyg62 Tele-Meister

Aug 16, 2015
    West Berlin, nj
    Loads of deep editing through usb I never use it but it's there. And of you hold down the tuner button you can get a wide mode. Great practice amp. Good luck and keep rocking

7. Milspec

Milspec Tele-Afflicted

Feb 15, 2016
    Nebraska
    Can't go wrong with the THR amps. It was probably my 5th amp purchase, but the most used by far. You really don't need anything else until you start playing with others and competing with larger amps.

8. Cliffyg62

Cliffyg62 Tele-Meister

Aug 16, 2015
    West Berlin, nj
    If you decide to go bigger down the road but want to keep it simple font overlook the champion 40 by fender. Great inexpensive easy to use amp.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.