Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Advice for all in one pedal?

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by mischief, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Whoa Tele

Whoa Tele Tele-Afflicted

Mar 20, 2009
    Smyrna Ga.
    I like the fly rig five as well. Not a ton of effects option but verb, delay overdrive and boost are all I'd use for country tones anyway. Works great into the PA.

2. mischief

mischief TDPRI Member

Dec 28, 2016
    NSW Australia Port Stephens
    Howdy,
    Thanks for all the suggestions.
    My Tele is due to arrive today so I will try, and plug direct into my board I'll also try my TC acoustic play pedal (I think the latest firmware allows guitar settings to change with presets so I might be able to create acoustic and electric presets.)

I also was at my local Aldi and they had a cheap amp sim pedal. So I can try that and take it back if it's junk.

Another option I was thinking about would be to get a Yamaha THR10 practice amp. Too bad there's not a line out, then I could use it as a little stage amp for small gigs and DI into the PA or practice at home with it.

Nope just headphone out and some have had varying success using that into a PA. So looks like that would only serve one purpose as a small practice amp.

3. rburd2

rburd2 Tele-Afflicted

Sep 13, 2016
    Georgia, US
    Your Aldi stocks guitar effects?

4. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 29, 2013
    near Arnold's
    Do you do gigs where you play acoustic and electric? If so consider the new Boss Katana 100. Yeah, it's an amp. But it's like 33lbs. It has a nice acoustic setting. And it has great electric amps and some nice basic effects (or not so basic if you want to dive in).

Sorry. I realize it's not a pedal suggestion.

5. mischief

mischief TDPRI Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Cool I'll check it out.
    At the moment I only gig with acoustic. But likely I'll jam with others playing the electric.
    Definitely when I move back home to Canada I'll be playing lots on stage with my Dad, Uncles, Aunts and Cousins. So I am looking with a view to performing with electric in the future.

I was thinking the Yamaha THR10 would be fantastic but it has no DI output maybe they will release a new version at Namm?

Anyway I'm not opposed to a little combo I could use for multiple applications. But it would have to be pretty small at this point since I have no room for more gear.

ianstrike likes this.

6. mischief

mischief TDPRI Member

Dec 28, 2016
    No they don't stock them but every year they get musical stuff in. Then sometimes they bring in bits and bobs. This year at xmas they had a few musical items. The pedal being one. They were $99 I think but I saw they had this one discounted down to $69 so I thought it's worth checking out.

This is the one.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/AMP-Force-Mod...3A8638562e1590a2a234f98a1dffc2966f%7Ciid%3A19

Seems like lots of good options out there if this pedal does not get me by for now.

7. Whoa Tele

Whoa Tele Tele-Afflicted

Mar 20, 2009
    Smyrna Ga.
    Since you mentioned the Yamaha THR I thought I'd suggest the fender mustang one. it has a ton of amp models and effects but I can't remember if it has a line out or just a headphone jack.

8. neckradius

neckradius Tele-Holic

Jan 17, 2013
    New York
    Consider the tech21 blonde pedal. Plug your guitar into that, that into pa.

9. Allthesound

Allthesound Tele-Afflicted

Oct 21, 2011
    Connecticut
    The Digitech RP 360 is worth a look too. I have had one for a few years and still find it useful and good sounding

10. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Friend of Leo's

Apr 3, 2015
    Winchester, VA
    Anything by Line 6 will work nicely. Anything later than the 2.0 stuff - it was great at the time but the later stuff is really good.

11. Jakeboy

Jakeboy Tele-Holic

Jul 26, 2008
    Sedalia, MO
    Used Tech 21 TRI-AC all day long....

12. thesamhill

thesamhill Tele-Meister

Dec 20, 2010
    Harrisburg, PA area
    I use the TC Play Electric, for acoustic or electric. It has the guitar out, which I think the acoustic doesn't. It does the vocal effects and harmonies and has a body res plug in for acoustic, but also has TC versions of all the basic electric pedals: OD, uMod, delay, verb. Cabinet sim if you want. You might consider trading the Play Acoustic out for the Play Electric if you're looking for one pedal that's pretty good at doing it all. I made a DIY Switch 6 with a DIY momentary pedal for brief harmony effects and it's all I use for either solo acoustic gigs or electric gigs.

13. Black-T

Black-T TDPRI Member

May 27, 2017
    CT
    If your budget allows, check out the Yamaha AG-Stomp Acoustic Muti-FX Pedal. It has 4 metal footswitches built-in. Digital Screen to see the Patches you're on/scrolling through. Tons of Acoustic Tone/FX options. 90 factory +90 user programmable patches. Add the FC-7 Expression Pedal 4 real-time control over FX. It's MIDI ready, if U ever get that advanced.
    I've been toying with the idea of adding that 4 acoustic "ambiance" to my Yamaha DG-Stomp Rock-Rig in a Box.(With my FC-7 Expression pedal, It kills!!)
    See You-Tube 4 tone demos. Check GtrCntr Used for the AG-Stomp. They stopped making them in early 2000's! If you find one, Make sure it comes with the original A/C Adapter!

14. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston
    (Old thread, but for anyone else with the same question)

Another vote for the Boss ME-70. The amp models are pretty good and it's easy to figure out. It has an aux-in jack and a headphone jack, so it's also a great practice tool.

FWIW, I've had terrible luck with Digitech multi-pedals.

15. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Tele-Afflicted

Me too. My Tonelab board broke down, so I bought a Digitech board on the cheap. The effects sounded pretty good, but the amp models just aren't that good. I got so frustrated I went and bought a Mustang III.

- D

16. sonofiam

sonofiam Tele-Meister

Jan 19, 2017
    Inland Northwest
    POD XT Live or X3 Live. They can be had fairly cheap and compared to other brands, Line 6 pedals in this range seem to translate much better and more 'realistic' live.

17. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Tele-Afflicted

To me, the XT Live is a better board than the HD stuff - I had the XT Live and bought an HD500, and the one clue that they were trying to make it do too much was when I looked at the back panel and noticed that they put every output under the sun on and left no room for an on-off switch.

Sold the HD, still have the XT Live, the POD V1 and the Flextone XL combo amp.

- D

GrantR, ianstrike and sonofiam like this.

18. Rich B in Tempe

Rich B in Tempe Tele-Holic

Apr 20, 2016
    Tempe Arizona
    Forget all that previous goobledt- google k, get youeself a boss me80 tons of great effects andvtonesvget one used $200 you can't get wrong!

19. Macrogats

Macrogats Tele-Meister

May 15, 2017
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Interesting thread. I know beggar all about fx units, but scored a Zoom G3 early this year. Fantastic array of sounds - still working out what works best for me on different songs etc. Had the chance to get the G5 with built in pedal, but missed out on it. Keeping my eyes peeled though. 9 different amp/effects in a chain! What a dream!

20. ericmichel

ericmichel Tele-Meister

Apr 4, 2007
    caen france
    TC electronic Nova system covers all the bases and can be plugged direct to PA;

ianstrike likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.