Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Adjusting The Action?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by J-man, Aug 17, 2007.

1. J-man

J-man Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    I'd like to lower the action on my 60's Classic Tele as it's pretty high, considering it has a vintage style 3 saddle bridge what's the best way to adjust the action?

Thanks.:grin:

2. The String King

The String King Tele-Afflicted

With a flat screw driver :prazz:

I usually just head at it like a 6 saddle bridge.... Just dive right in there......

3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied

Just bear in mind you'll be adjusting your intonation at the same time, so snap images as you go to keep track of what it looked like intonated 'case you don't like the result of your adjustments.
    Check your relief as well; if you can stand to give some up, a 1/4 turn clockwise of the truss rod accompanied by lower saddle heights can get you lower without losing intonation so much. I bought a guitar recently that intonated better with the saddles brought down, a Baja with some mystery source slant comp'd 3 brass saddles.

Bubbanov

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Axis29

Axis29 Friend of Leo's

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.