Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Accurate Instrument Tube Tester Model 157 Manual and Tube Substitution Guide

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Thundersleet, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Thundersleet

Thundersleet Tele-Afflicted

Jan 29, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I recently bought a Accurate Instrument Tube Tester Model 157 ($22 auction). It has operating instructions. I scanned them and made a pdf. If you have one of these tube testers you really can't get accurate test information without the manual. So I'd like to share it if anyone needs it.

Here is the link for the Model 157 manual and the June 68 Supplement Chart.
    Accurate Instrument Tube Tester Model 157 Manual.pdf

Here is the link if you already have the manual but only need the June 68 Supplement Chart.
    Accurate Instrument Model 157 Supplement Chart June 68.pdf

This link is for a Tube Substitution Guide I got along with the tester.
    Tube Substitution Guide.pdf

And while I'm at it here's a manual for Schumacher E-Z MIG and 105 Turbo MIG FLUX WIRE FEED WELDERS MODELS 90775 90778 90779.
    Schumacher E-Z MIG and 105 Turbo MIG FLUX WIRE FEED WELDERS MODELS 90775 90778 90779 MANUAL.pdf It's not available from Schumacher anymore.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  2. Benedict White

Benedict White NEW MEMBER!

Dec 6, 2010
    United Kingdom
    I also have one of these valve (tube) testers, and am very grateful for your first link which works well and has given me a starting point. Also, it has enabled me to test and fix a radio in a few minutes (to a point). The second link works as well, and thanks for that, however the third one does not which is a shame because I could do with it.

Many thanks for sharing what you have though.

Kind regards

Benedict White

3. Thundersleet

Thundersleet Tele-Afflicted

Jan 29, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Sorry about the bad link, here's a fixed link for the guide only: Vacuum Tube Substitution Guide.pdf

Here's a link for all of the tester files and the guide in one big download: Model 157 Instructions with Supplement Chart and Tube Substitution Guide.zip

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. boogie02130

boogie02130 TDPRI Member

Apr 17, 2003
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Hi Thundersleet,

Just stumbled on this page today and wonder if there's any chance of a re-up on the 68 Supplement chart and Substitution guide? I have a manual but there's no listing for a 6EU7 tube! Thanks in advance, Dr Hepcat

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.