Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Acclaimed Rock Bands you should like, but for some reason just don't-

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by hellopike, Apr 13, 2017.

1. brbadg

brbadg Tele-Holic

Mar 11, 2008
    Timonium,Maryland

Good lord ,man.smh....

2. ndcaster

ndcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 14, 2013
    Indiana
    I like 'em all. Better than the horsh*t on the radio these days.

Get off my lawn!

Greenmachine and Uncle Bob like this.

3. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

May 9, 2015
    Seekonk, MA
    I'm with you. I give Beck a pass, but I just can't sit there and listen to him for very long. And BTW I'm all set with Tal Wilkenfeld too. Joe Satriani, like Malmsteen, is one of those guitarist's guitarist kind of guys and, as such, are usually boring to me. Malmsteen has the additional detriment of being the south end of a northbound horse.

Greenmachine likes this.

4. h4ck.b0x7

h4ck.b0x7 Tele-Meister

Nov 29, 2011
    United States
    Metallica, The Who, The Doors, U2, Rush, there are probably some more but those are at the top of the list.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017

5. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Poster Extraordinaire

The Smiths. God, what bloody depressing music. And why the hell does his guitarist get so much praise for his playing?

brookdalebill and grooveiron like this.

6. aerhed

aerhed Tele-Holic

Dec 24, 2016
    Boulder, WY
    This list here. Except for some Bruce and a bunch of Bowie that are good.

7. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Tele-Meister

Mar 5, 2017
    West Virginia
    After hearing all about Johnny Marr I listened to some Smiths for the first time, and thought it wasn't bad at all. Then I started paying attention to the lyrics, maybe at the wrong time, and that was more than enough thanks.

I do listen to Marr's solo albums from time to time since they're available on Amazon Prime.

8. 9fears08

9fears08 Tele-Meister

Jul 6, 2016
    Bristol, UK
    I can't stand Cast..but then I don't think anyone should be expected to like them..

9. Veltek

Veltek Tele-Meister

Sep 17, 2016
    Blues country
    I don't like Journey or the Beatles.

Please don't hate me!

10. RoyBGood

...'Girlfriend In A Coma'. - 'Nuff said!

Rock-Ola likes this.

11. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Tele-Meister

Mar 5, 2017
    West Virginia
    Yeah that's a little odd.

Apparently the song that stopped me in my tracks was on "Hatful of Hollow" because that's the only Smiths album in my Prime history.

12. LAGinz

LAGinz TDPRI Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Foo Fighters. Try as I might , I just can't see what's so great about these guys. Grohl seems like an excellent dude, and loved Nirvana. Go figure.....

61fury likes this.

13. Jim622

Jim622 Tele-Meister

Bruce, and Rush jump right out

Owenmoney and Mid Life Crisis like this.

14. RoyBGood

Prefer my toast with just butter - no Jam for me, thanks. Another member on a different thread said of Paul Weller's singing '...like being shouted at by a drunk white van driver.'

15. Anode100

Anode100 Friend of Leo's

May 9, 2014
    Behind my beard.
    Genesis- pretentious nonsense.

Steely Dan (should be put back where W.S.Burrough's original 'Steely Dan' was intended to go).

Early (Syd-era) Pink Floyd - more pretentious nonsense.

Captain Beefheart - yet more pretentious nonsense.

Deep Purple's lyrical content ruins many a good album for me - because it's..........pretentious nonsense!

IMHO.

That said, I really loved the Darkness' first album - because it was pretentious nonsense.

Go figure...

16. Sjnoring

Sjnoring Tele-Afflicted

Jan 26, 2017
    USA
    Yes that's an objective established fact.

17. -N8-

-N8- NEW MEMBER!

Apr 16, 2017
    Hamilton, Ohio
    Nirvana

I just can't relate to any music or really find it enjoyable. The one good thing about the band is Kurt's signature Jaguar. That's where the praise stops. The lyrics are mostly inaudible, and when you go google search them it's all inane garbage. The music itself is rather plain, and I don't know why they are so credited for, "changing the face of music" when in fact they inspired more emos to screech inaudible trash through mind-numbingly distorted power chords.

Just my opinion though... haha.

Chooglin59 and 8barlouie like this.

18. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    I don't like most rock bands from the mid-late 70's up until the early-mid 90's. I like many of the bands before/since.

19. badvoodoo

badvoodoo TDPRI Member

Jan 25, 2007
    Oshawa, ON
    Bob Dylan has to be one of the worst singers ever recorded.

Neil Young has a few VERY good songs, but the breadth of his work is truly awful.

Metallica seriously lost something fundamental with Cliff's passing (RIP). They sound nothing like they did with him at all. It's like their soul died with him.

AC/DC post Bon Scott sounds identical album to album. Why buy their new album when I already have their last one? Seriously... How anyone can get excited over a new DC album is beyond me. With Scott they were something special, tho.

I could also mention Rage Against the Machine. I don't know that I SHOULD like them, but I do know that I loathe them with every fibre of my being. They are truly migraine-inducing on a Lil' Wayne level.

Just my humble opinion.

Uncle Bob likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.