Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

ABT/NGD

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Jay Jernigan, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Jay Jernigan

Jay Jernigan Tele-Meister

Feb 11, 2013
    10-uh-C
    "Almost better than new guitar day."
    Squier CV '50's, WB, bought off the rack in '09, played daily. Previous upgrades: 4-way switch, comp saddles, tort PG (see avatar). Frets and nut becoming problematic, decided to press the easy button and change the neck. The culprit in this case is a Mighty Mite: soft V, rosewood board, Wilkinson saf-t-keys. Man, what a great fit!
    I realize that she's now officially a partscaster, but I don't care. Installed the Stewmac Bakelite PG after a day for a touch of classic elegance. Couldn't be happier.

Attached Files:

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
  3. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Friend of Leo's

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO

I’m thinking of a rosewood board for my own. It looks great with rosewood :)

4. Jay Jernigan

Feb 11, 2013
    10-uh-C
    Thanks for the likes and kudos, y'all.. I forgot to mention the brass knobs: GFS Earl Slick raw brass. Not really recommended; love the look but the splines aren't a good match. Did the neck swap in about 15 minutes. Had to raise the action maybe a quarter turn (larger frets?) and that was it. I also have a maple board version so the rosewood won the coin flip. I'm planning to mount the maple, just to try it and have it ready to go. I may be odd for liking Mighty Mite necks, but they fit my hand and I haven't had to dress or level any frets (yet) and they are reasonably priced for the quality. YMMV.

5. whoanelly15

whoanelly15 Tele-Meister

Aug 30, 2017
    USA
    Looks real good with a tweed too!

6. gip111

gip111 TDPRI Member

May 5, 2016
    New Jersey USA
    Hey did the sound change at all when you made the switch? Looks awesome.

7. Jay Jernigan

Feb 11, 2013
    10-uh-C
    The guitar does sound different. I'm not sure if I can accurately describe it. Bigger frets aid the articulation, rosewood aids the warmth and finesse, still have maple in the mix; I have played maple neck F-types most of my life, primarily because I can see the fingerboard better in bad light, not necessarily because I prefer the sound. I like both, but response from the upper reaches of the fingerboard is much improved in this case. I may have to do a Danny Gatton treatment and put some cubic zirconia in for side markers. I guess the short answer was "yes", the upshot is "I like it."

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.