Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

About the Mojotone Quiet Coils

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Jay Jernigan, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Jay Jernigan

Jay Jernigan Tele-Meister

Feb 11, 2013
    10-uh-C
    Ok, so they've been out for a while, has anyone tried them? Most specifically, are the P-90S up to par? I have listened to the demos for them and for the Tele sets and that sounded pretty good (hard to tell, I know); they ain't cheap but are "competitively" priced, so I'm just curious about real world experience. Thanks in advance for your replies.

2. Jay Jernigan

Feb 11, 2013
    10-uh-C
    After starting this thread, I inadvertently ran across Jethro's thread (should have looked longer), which seems to address the issues well and was actually visited by Mojotone Man himself. Please allow me, at this point, to acquiesce to the previous posting, apologize for the double-up, and thank you once again. The reviews seem good at this point, BTW.

3. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Tele-Afflicted

Oct 21, 2014
    Florida
    How about pasting a link to the aforementioned thread for those others of us who happen to wander in here?

4. Jay Jernigan

Feb 11, 2013
    10-uh-C
    That's a good idea, El Tele Lobo. Problem is, I don't know how. It's dated July 24,2017, in "Just Pickups", If that helps.

5. Antigua Tele

Antigua Tele Tele-Afflicted

Jun 2, 2014
    west coast
    iirc, they're side by side style humbuckers with covers that make them look like single coils.

6. Rob DiStefano

Rob DiStefano Poster Extraordinaire Vendor Member

Mar 3, 2003
    NJ via TX
    the mojotone "quiet coil" series of single coil footprint pickups are dual coil humbuckers and not true single coil pickups.

7. redknives

redknives NEW MEMBER!

Nov 17, 2006
    Spokane, WA
    Jay Jernigan likes this.

8. Jay Jernigan

Feb 11, 2013
    10-uh-C

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.