Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

About Bare Knuckle pickups:

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Hastings, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Hastings

Hastings TDPRI Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Simcoe, Ontario
    I can't find in print any claim that they are made in England - where the company is located - or where they are made. The Wikipedia page says that they are made "in house," but that may mean "by the company's employees" or some such thing. I may have just missed the info I'm looking for. I've never bought their products but they look very interesting, so I'm trying to nail that down. Thanks.

2. WingedWords

WingedWords Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Feb 4, 2015
    UK and EU
    Po Box 259 Falmouth, Cornwall TR22 5WR. Contact info and further company info about working methods on their website.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  3. Muinarc

Muinarc TDPRI Member

Dec 27, 2018
    Arizona
  4. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Afflicted

May 6, 2012
    England
    You could have just gone to their web site instead of mucking about with wiki.

5. memiller

memiller Tele-Meister

Jan 9, 2019
    Texas
    Given that the UK actually cares about consumer rights it would be quite difficult for a company to prattle on about how they are British UK Englandkingdom based and subsequently offshore production without dialing that back. The implication is their products are made in the UK and they'd be open to all manner of lawsuits if it turned out their products were produced in full overseas. Or even in Ireland, for that matter.

Chances are they can't come out and flatly state "MADE IN ENGLAND" due to laws surrounding the origin of materials. Most countries (including the US) have some form of this where you can't claim a product is made in that country without a percentage of parts originating from there. So if they're getting bobbins, magnets, backplates, wire, and other components from overseas and slapping them together they couldn't make a claim of origin in that country. In the US we have a few similar designations.

6. Antigua Tele

Antigua Tele Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2014
    west coast
    A pic from their FB page, they have a winding machine, a row of bobbins, parts bins, and that appears to be a Caucasian person in the picture. so I'd guess they're actually made in the UK.

[​IMG]

memiller likes this.
  7. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Tele-Holic

Jun 14, 2017
    The backyard
    What the above post says....

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.