Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

A true replica of a " slab board " fingerboard for a 1959-60 Tele who makes one??

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by rjtwangs, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    What happened in your incident, must have been bad to warant a complete replacement.

2. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Reston, Virginia
    I went to Fender TWICE and begged them for a replacement, they wouldn't /couldn't help me...they said they weren't able to make just one neck...I searched for someone to make a correct era slab board neck. None, of the major suppliers of necks makes a correct " slab board " neck....NONE of them....at least the guitar, which IS an original 1959 Custom Telecaster will soon have a new neck. I am just so thankful I found Dominick. I had no interest in buying mim necks for my guitar....it's a special instrument and it deserved the attention to detail that Dominck provided. I'll never be able to get the sound of that guitar hitting concrete out of my head...but I'll again be spanking that plank soon enough....

RJ

3. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    Ouch, well I can understand your passion for an era correct replacement. It's one thing building a guitar to replicate a specific vintage model and putting a decal on it to pass off a guitar as a fender but this is restoration and is a different matter entirely in my eyes. Glad to hear you'll have your guitar back to the way it was.

rjtwangs likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.