Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

A Tale of Two Cities: Gold Coast and Boston (marathons)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Junkyard Dog, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Holic

Mar 7, 2016
    USA

2. Picton

Picton Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Feb 7, 2009
    Reading, Massachusetts
    18 mph headwind, windchill in the 20s. 100% chance of precipitation. Sox already postponed their traditional Patriots Day game, which they never do.

Stay safe, runners. I’ll be watching on WBZ, like always.

Junkyard Dog likes this.

3. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Holic

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    I've got a waste of time presentation to directors at 11:00, but I'll track the first hour as best I can and hopefully be back for the finish!

4. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Holic

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    I saw that Hasay is now out :(

5. Tonetele

Tonetele Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2009
    South Australia
    As an Australian I am deeply disturbed that the Scottish runner did not get immediate help the first time he fell. I know he was trying to finish in tough conditions but his health should come first. He could've died or been brain damaged.
    I am not proud of Australian officials in this case.

suthol likes this.

6. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    It was the Best of times, it was the worst of times.

I took this the wrong way.

Junkyard Dog likes this.

7. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Holic

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    It looks like it is going to be the worst of times, and the worst of times...in both races.

Good news though is that Hawkins was released from hospital and is apparently fine.

8. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Holic

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    That turned out to be the best race I have ever seen...both men's and women's. Conditions on the course were consistently bad, and at times just absolutely brutal. Seemed like nearly all the world class runners from East Africa just walked off the course, while many unknown runners grinded it out to finish in the money. And of course the wins by Linden and Kawauchi...incredible!

9. Picton

Picton Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Feb 7, 2009
    Reading, Massachusetts
    Incredible. Great character shown by everyone who slogged through that race. The weather here was ludicrous today.

Junkyard Dog likes this.

10. 65 Champ Amp

65 Champ Amp Tele-Holic

I am very proud of my son. He finished three minutes over his target time, but considering the brutal weather, he's pleased. It was his first Boston Marathon.

It was bittersweet, though. Today would have been his older brother's 34th birthday - we lost him last July due to injuries he suffered in Afghanistan.

Picton and Junkyard Dog like this.

11. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Holic

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    Outstanding! You could throw times out the window today. That was the slowest Boston Marathon in a long time due to the course conditions. The world class athletes were 6-7 minutes or more slower than expected...and many of them either dropped out or completely imploded in the final miles.

Very sad to hear about his brother though :(

65 Champ Amp likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.