Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

A Question about US vs EU sold Yamaha THR's

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by Bad Influence, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Bad Influence

Bad Influence TDPRI Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Greece
    So, are the THR's sold in the US, differ than the ones sold in the EU regarding the electric and power section of the unit?
    The reason I'm asking is, I want to buy a THR from the U.S. and use it in Europe...
    So If I buy a brand new THR from the US, would I be risking the device to run it in EU countries?
    Many thanks...

2. Dacious

Dacious Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Godzone
    Ok, apparently the 15v 3a supply is similar to a laptop. A few people have got generic supplies. The power adaptor is the only difference.

3. Milspec

Milspec Tele-Afflicted

Feb 15, 2016
    Nebraska
    They did originally have hum issues with the EU models due to the power adapter didn't they? Might want to look at that to see which way is best or at least which adapter will be best for you. I just don't recall the details off hand.

4. Bad Influence

Bad Influence TDPRI Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Greece
    Thanks,
    Generally these kind of things are really above my knowledge.
    So you say, its safe to buy the US sold version of THR and use it with a proper power adapter?

5. codamedia

codamedia Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2009
    Western Canada
    The power supply will show a "voltage input" spec...

If it just shows 110v (or similar) then you will need a proper power supply for the amp to work properly in Europe. If it shows 110v - 240v (or similar) then it is good to go as it is... you will just need the appropriate adapter to fit the wall plug.

Most power supplies (wall warts) these days work around the world... laptops, razors, even the newer Boss PSA-120's. BUT - some are still 110v only... you need to read the specs to be certain.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.