So it starts again. I really don't need another guitar, but I decided a friend needs one. And since building one would be silly, I'll build two. I have decided to fully address two complaints and suggestions from other thread: 1) A build should take forever. Indeed, the plan for this is just what Shackleton told the Ross Sea party: It'll be done this winter, or the next. 2) Work on Tigger Jr. version 2. This work is done and that should result in a few months off work and maybe a little more time for projects... So the plan is there will be two roughly 1960's strats, and I'll try to get them as accurate as possible. Problem #1: I don't actually have a 1960's strat to copy. I'm still working this out and searching for someone willing to let me trace one locally. A backup solution is modifying one of the existing '62 RI drawings. I've already done this for the routes as I found good measurements, but the full body outline is giving me issues. Necks on the other hand seem to be fine in the drawings with both earlier and later curves. So far I'm missing neck blanks. I do have a large piece of maple but it's from a hardware store so I'll make some test blanks out of it and compare with something sourced for the purpose. I did get 3x2 pieces of Alder from alaskawoods.com. 4 newer lighter younger growth and 2 heavier old growth pieces, good for 3 body blanks. The old growth is really beautiful with mineral streaks, but it will be a touch heavier at around 2.5-2.6 #bft. And I have 2 Madagascar and 1 Brazilian boards from, supposedly, a very old stash. The board on the left is the BRW, the right is Madagascar. They smell amazingly nice. The BRW board is quite dried out though.