Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

A Minor Thing: Trio Band Creator Acoustic Jam

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by MrClint, Jun 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MrClint

MrClint Tele-Meister

Jun 11, 2018
    Lake Balboa CA
    Here's a little multi-track recording I made with my new (at the time) Digitech Trio Band Creator pedal:

It has turned out to be a really nice pedal for practice and working out song ideas. :)

I hope to record something soon with my new T-type from Monoprice.

2. GuitLoop

GuitLoop TDPRI Member

Jan 16, 2018
    Pa
    Nice work!

I dig my trio too. I use mine to make backing tracks for live performances. If interested you can see some of what I do with mine by searching LiveLooperApp on youtube.

Rock on!

MrClint likes this.
  3. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Good job. Love my Trio+ for songwriting. A fantastic tool.

MrClint likes this.
  4. MrClint

MrClint Tele-Meister

Jun 11, 2018
    Lake Balboa CA
    @GuitLoop, nice app! I'm on a Mac and I have the switch pedal for the Trio that I've never used. The Trio sure beats the heck out of a metronome.

GuitLoop and Obsessed like this.
  5. decker

decker Tele-Meister

Jun 16, 2011
    spain
    Pleasant early morning listening Mr Clint; nice one.

MrClint likes this.
  6. MrClint

MrClint Tele-Meister

Jun 11, 2018
    Lake Balboa CA
    @Obsessed @decker , thanks for the kind words! I appreciate you taking the time to listen.

I'm having so much fun these days making and recording music, and the Trio has taken my practice to the next level. I'm in the process of learning the fret board, scales, triads and such, and being able to do so in a musical way seems to make the learning easier. I've played some very simple chord progressions into it and it sometimes comes up with beats that are inspiring. I have no affiliation with Digitech, it's just an incredibly useful pedal.

7. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Meister

May 23, 2018
    Idaho just the tip
    That is cool. Inspiring even. I looked at the trio when it came out. Don’t remember why I passed on it. Guess I should have another look. Great job man

8. MrClint

MrClint Tele-Meister

Jun 11, 2018
    Lake Balboa CA
    Thanks @Toadtele! They may have been expensive when they first launched, and the Trio+ with the built-in looper seems a bit pricey to me as well. There are a few negative YT reviews from folks who didn't really approach the pedal in the right way. This vid does the best job of explaining how to use it:

Toadtele likes this.
  9. GuitLoop

GuitLoop TDPRI Member

Jan 16, 2018
    Pa
    I bought my trio (the original one not the plus) for 50 bucks. Best 50 bucks I ever spent on improving my guitar skills. I got mine in November of last year, and now have backing tracks ready to roll for about 40 songs. My soloing has gone from passable to pretty darn good in just a few months. With the backing tracks ready to go i pretty much have access to a 'practice band' anytime i want. They don't make mistakes, show up drunk, and they don't even get annoyed when i want to go over the same part a zillion times if that's what I want to do. Super fun!

jimilee, Southpole and MrClint like this.
  10. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 11, 2006
    Greater Boston
    Very cool that you can do that with a pedal supplying the bass and drums.

MrClint likes this.
  11. MrClint

MrClint Tele-Meister

Jun 11, 2018
    Lake Balboa CA
    @fendrguitplayr, yeah I'm amazed at how well it works. I had it laying down the bass and drums for "Rockin' in the Free World" after 5 minutes out of the box.

12. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    I am glad to hear that this "smart Technology" has some acceptance here., odd I thought a site with so much attention to original bridges/tailpieces different pickups for that classic sound would shy away from band in a box.

MrClint likes this.
  13. Southpole

Southpole Tele-Holic

Apr 10, 2014
    WellingtonNZ
    Trio Plus is a cool device. Surprises me that not many people use them.

MrClint likes this.
  14. jimilee

jimilee Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Dec 19, 2017
    Chattanooga
    Don’t have to pay them either.

MrClint likes this.
  15. Southpole

Southpole Tele-Holic

Apr 10, 2014
    WellingtonNZ
    Have you tried any of the firmware upgrades or the loop editor software?

MrClint likes this.
  16. MrClint

MrClint Tele-Meister

Jun 11, 2018
    Lake Balboa CA
    No to both. I just assumed it had the latest firmware being brand new, I may need to check to make sure. My version is not the + with the looper.

17. Southpole

Southpole Tele-Holic

Apr 10, 2014
    WellingtonNZ
    MrClint likes this.
  18. MrClint

MrClint Tele-Meister

Jun 11, 2018
    Lake Balboa CA
    Ah, yes. I use the ALT-TIME option a lot. So I'm sure I have the latest patch. Very useful feature. The Style dial is pretty cool too, as it can inspire you to approach your chord progression from an entirely different perspective.

19. Southpole

Southpole Tele-Holic

Apr 10, 2014
    WellingtonNZ
    It will be interesting to see if there are any further developments of the Trio. Digitech is a Harman brand, and Harman has recently been purchased by Samsung. Not sure what plans Samsung has in this area for companies like Digitech. Digitech wasn’t central to Samsung’s reason for buying Harman. It might be left alone, revamped or sold off! But I think there is room for another evolution of the Trio.

MrClint likes this.
  20. MrClint

MrClint Tele-Meister

Jun 11, 2018
    Lake Balboa CA
    I'm not sure if further development or features are needed, to be honest. Where is the tipping point where features begin to add unnecessary complexity?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.