Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

A Double Cream humbucker set, that isn't DiMarzio, and costs only $25

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Antigua Tele, Sep 13, 2016.

1. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    Here's a 13.45k version for the R&R folk?
    [​IMG]
    I purposefully left the link out so Dimarzio doesn't get his pantaloons in a bunch.

2. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    One person's "fantastic" is another person's "meh".

Also, "best I've ever played" doesn't mean much if the person poasting it has only been to Guitar Center.

3. rigatele

rigatele Tele-Holic

Apr 20, 2014
    Ontario
    You're quoting me out of context. I lived in China, traveled all over and visited dozens of guitar shops there. So when I talk about Chinese guitars, I know because have had a very close up look at a lot of them. But it was already pointed out to me that they are exporting some fine stuff. Thing is, bulk manufacturing is what they do best. That works well with electromechanical stuff like pickups, not so much with an artisan product (or what should be one), like a guitar neck. It can be done but there is a lot of effort in the skills tranfer.

CFFF likes this.

4. Antigua Tele

Antigua Tele Tele-Afflicted

Jun 2, 2014
    west coast
    It's a little strange. There are a lot of top notch guitars made in China for low prices, such as the Squier Classic Player, or Cordoba classical guitars, or a brand called "Recording King" that sells some models for as low as $150 that leave little to nothing to be desired, but then you see no name stuff on AliExpress that isn't much cheaper, but is much, much worse in terms of fit and finish. I bought one just to see what they were all about and documented the thing here http://www.tdpri.com/threads/160-chinese-telecopy.693627/ . Most of the problem with this guitar comes down to a lack of attention to detail, there is effort being put into it, but various things are done wrong. So the question I have is, why can't the people working on the better guitar brands share some knowledge with the people making the no name stuff?

richiek65 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.