Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Join TDPRI Today

A DG-Virage flat-top hybrid plan and likely build

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by betocool, Oct 17, 2016.

1. oldrebel

oldrebel Friend of Leo's

Oct 23, 2011
    Lynchburg Tennessee
    It looks great to me. Sorry about all the problems that you encountered but look at all the things that you learned in the process. Now its time to have some fun with it.

2. CyrusF

CyrusF Tele-Meister

Nov 12, 2016
    Illinois
    Looks really nice! I've enjoyed following this thread, thanks for sharing your process!

3. Macrogats

Macrogats Tele-Meister

May 15, 2017
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Yeah, great job. Did you change the headstock colour? It looks same as the body now.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. coonhollow greg

coonhollow greg TDPRI Member

Jul 19, 2014
    roseburg,oregon
    It looks really nice. I really appreciate that you shared the intonation problem with us. I have nightmares about that exact issue. You have given me assurance that even if I did screw up, it is not the end of the world.

6. betocool

betocool TDPRI Member

Jan 11, 2016
    South of Perth, WA
    Hi all, cheers for all the comments!

Yes, I did learn a lot, hope to take some home from that. It was a bit frustrating at times, but I get a BFG (big grin) when I play it! I'll settle down for a few weeks until I start the next project.

The headstock is still black, except the truss rod cover, which is same as the guitar. I kinda liked that solution. Bit o' contrast and all that.

7. mux164

mux164 Tele-Meister

Jul 28, 2013
    australia
    Sweet looking guitar, glad to see someone else use jarrah, what brand was the blue ice(ice blue) it's a really stunning colour

8. betocool

betocool TDPRI Member

Jan 11, 2016
    South of Perth, WA
    It's a small-ish can I got from Autobahn... can't remember the brand, but I still have some left. I'll take a pic when I go to the shed next time and post it. They had a HUGE range of colours on this, off the shelf.

Cheers,

Albert

mux164 likes this.

9. Crafty Fox

Crafty Fox Tele-Holic

Nov 25, 2011
    Perth Australia
    I love the colour combinations. Job well done. Looks great!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.