A Couple Compressors

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by zippofan, Apr 16, 2019 at 10:32 PM.

1. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Holic

I've been doing a little of this, that and the other thing lately, including modding some builds with different op amps, diodes, and rewiring the heaters on my MOD tube amp, quiet as a mouse now :cool:.

In the meantime I've had two compressors on my bench. A FET based comp from 1776 Effects, the Bear Hug, and the classic 5 knob Engineer's Thumb, the PCB is from DeadEnd FX.

Drilled the box tonight for the Bear Hug, starting assembly now, gotta figure out a good graphic decal for it.

BearHugInProgress.jpg BearHugGutprogress.jpg
    Giving the GuitarPCB 3PDT switch board a try, just with a standard LED this time. The SPST switch has been waiting patiently in my parts drawer for about 30 years now, lol.

The Engineer's Thumb is a big board in a 1590C box, so I gotta print out some templates before I go drilling willy-nilly.

More to come...

Z

awasson likes this.
  2. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

zippofan likes this.
  3. Urshurak776

Urshurak776 Tele-Holic

@awasson what did you use for an LDR?

4. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Well, I'm glad you asked :D

I have a few really compact LDR's I picked up some time ago from a company called Parallax. I just checked and they no longer carry LDR's. I paired up the LDR with a pair of green rectangular LEDs and put them in heatshrink. I don't have any loose green ones but they look like the ones below.

IMG_4467.jpg IMG_4468.jpg

zippofan and Urshurak776 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.