A clean amp..... from Orange? With tremolo and reverb!

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Les Paul lover, Jan 10, 2019.

1. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

An amp without a mid control is not very useful to me. I’m also a wimp. I’d rather lug my Marshall Origin 50 or Fender HRD IV (40w) for similar gig levels at 40lbs than an Orange with no Mid control at 53lbs. I happen to live Orange cleans, though.

2. beninma

beninma Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Yah I agree completely about power levels & gain levels if you want to use it with pedals.

I think an Amazing thing in my Rocker 15 would be if Orange set it up so you could set up 2 different gain positions and could footswitch between them on the dirty channel. If I could leave it set right on the edge of breakup and then hit the foot switch and go to a higher gain that'd probably better than any dirt pedal I've tried.

But there are some pedals that just work.. 18V/24V drive pedals seem to work better for me on my Orange. But the Big Muff works totally fine and it doesn't have that. A lot of regular 9V stuff seems to sound nasally/weird even if it doesn't on another amp.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.