Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

A chambered LPish looking thing

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Freeman Keller, Sep 20, 2018.

1. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    That’s what I thought too. Really nice playing as well.

Les Paul lover likes this.
  2. Davecam48

Davecam48 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Queensland Australia
    Just finished reading this magnificent thread again Freeman, outstanding tutorial, thanks so much for taking the time, we all appreciate it.

DC

awasson and CraigB like this.
  3. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

Jan 31, 2012
    Lake Jackson, TX
    Great stuff. You, Sir are quite the craftsman.

awasson and CraigB like this.
  4. Freeman Keller

Freeman Keller Tele-Holic

Aug 22, 2018
    Washington
    Thank you. One of the main reasons for posting this and the chambered tele threads were to show what is possible by a relatively inexperience builder with a really minimum shop. I consider myself about half way between a novice and a real luthier so I am hoping that others can kind of relate to what I'm doing. Its kind of ironic, I just came in from my garage/shop which is currently heated by a 1600 watt space heater and a little portable propane heater - my power is so limited I have to turn the space heater off if I start my compressor. Its too cold to be trying to bind an acoustic, but thats what I'm doing.

Maybe I can inspire someone who wants to build a guitar, doesn't have a bazillion dollars worth of planers and sanders and stuff, and doesn't have the skill set that some of our forumites have. So, my point, and I'm pretty serious about this, is that if I can do it, you can too.

awasson, Macrogats and CraigB like this.
  5. Davecam48

Davecam48 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Queensland Australia
    I'd kill for some cold!!!! I'm working outside building a roof extension to the "trailer park" where I keep my boat rubbish trailer and camper trailer. Unfortunately the roof is about 4' short of covering the boat nose and as a result it gets water in it when it rains. My last tarpaulin just rotted away so I decided to make a wood and colourbond roof section that lifts and is fitted with adjustable legs on both sides that set the roof angle.

It is about 34 degrees C in the house and about 40C outside in the sun, feels like 50% humidity:eek: Can't wait until it's done and I can have a cold shower. Guess if I was over where you are, I'd be complaining about that too!

DC :lol:

6. Macrogats

Macrogats Tele-Afflicted

May 15, 2017
    Auckland, New Zealand
    This pretty much sums up how I’ve been fumbling around for the last two years. :D

7. Moodivarius

Moodivarius TDPRI Member

Monday
    Northwest Ontario
    Awsome build & illustration.

I'm a dabbler luthier, violin & guitar.

Might build a LP style one day. I'll keep this post as a favorite.

Thanks. Scott

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.