Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

A Burlap Guitar Build

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Nick JD, Jun 21, 2011.

1. ehawley

ehawley Tele-Afflicted

Jul 16, 2005
    Keyport, New Jersey
    :eek:...You are just one amazing guy!!!...:eek:...How about making one with tree leaves sandwiched in between...or bugs...there are some pretty crazy looking bugs out your way!!!..;)
    Keep it up Nick
    cheers
    ED

2. Nick JD

Nick JD Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

There are a few ways to do it, Dave - but it's finding the best way that would take a few guitars (in the bin). Any of the encased rods could be put in.

3. Nick JD

Nick JD Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

The arachnocaster? :D

4. Davecam48

Davecam48 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Dec 31, 2009
    Queensland Australia
    You could do a nice number using gum leaves under the clear coat and they'd relic naturally with time. C'mon Nick...........Euclyptucaster?

5. G60syncro

G60syncro Tele-Meister

Apr 5, 2011
    Sherbrooke, Qc.
    I like your way of thinking!! The drums I play are made of acrilyc... I get asked about the quality of the sound quite often.... People equate plastic with cheap and bad. Actually, not at all they sound great, very resonant with the clean attack of metal but with the warmth of wood blended in... That being said, they will never replace a proper wooden set. They're just too loud for some settings. It's kind of like going to a coffee house gig with a marshall stack. Wood has more nuance and untangible complexities that man made materials can't seem to achieve. I feel there's always a place for both.

I love seeing what you did there, like I said when I introduced myself here.. I want to build guitars someday and try a buch of stuff. I love learning from what you guys are doing here. Maybe someday I'll be the one doing the "trying and showing". Meanwhile, you guys keep building.. I'll keep reading!!

Thanks!

Karl

6. Big Tony

Big Tony Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Sweden, by golly!
    I enjoyed this thread! Like the way you think, Nick! :)

/ Tony

7. Mbechmann

Mbechmann Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Grindsted, Denmark
    This one is brilliant. Awesome work. As for the name: Patchcaster. :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.