8mm router bit needed

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by jadedsoul, Mar 2, 2015.

1. jadedsoul

jadedsoul Tele-Holic

Hi chapps...
    Iv got my self into a bit of a pickle here in the uk. i bought a usa router of the bay. cant seem to find the bits i need fir it. i was wondering if anybody has a 8 mm shank for routing out pickup holes. it will save me having to pay crazy uk prices for a 8mm shank bit. the usual size are 6 mm and 12mm... my 12 mm router seized up on me so now im left with this mckellar. if you can sell em an old bit please msg me. Hope im not breaking the rules here. if i am, sorry chapps and just delete the thread :eek: Im also looking for a set of binding bearings and rebate bit for standard size ric size binding. Thanks guys,

2. macaroonie

macaroonie Friend of Leo's

3. Nick JD

Nick JD Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Most routers for the non-USA market come with a few collets. I have one that came with a 1/4" collet, but also a 6mm and an 8mm.

Check to see if your router can insert other collets.

4. '59_Standard

'59_Standard Tele-Holic

The european market has 8mm bits - ELU is one company. Try Ebay UK too

Yoy could also try Wealden Tools - some guitar builders use their bits over Trend.

5. I_build_my_own

I_build_my_own Friend of Leo's

ELU was merged by Dewalt and some of the gray ELU router have been carried over to Dewalt's portfolio and are now yellow. My old German ELU router is now equipped with a Dewalt 1/4 inch collet as long term that was way more cost efficient than buying 8mm shank router bits in the USA

6. Mat UK

Mat UK Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

7. jadedsoul

jadedsoul Tele-Holic

cheers guys.. yes there is a collet fixture inside. so you can add others.. i just cant figure out what size i need to buy. im guessing its starting at 6 and has a 8 mm collet init.. ill post some pics up to show you guys tomorrow. cheers for your input and time, always helpfull u chaps ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.