853D Solder station with power supply?

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by Urshurak776, May 15, 2019.

1. Urshurak776

Urshurak776 Tele-Holic

2. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

1 feedback and that as a buyer. No feedback as a seller, yet he's sold 32 of these thing? Why ahve none of the buyers given feedback?

3. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I bought a similar 2 in 1 unit a few weeks ago. Worked great. First time I've been able to get decent looking results on pots and the heat gun is handy for heatshrink.

Urshurak776 likes this.
  4. Urshurak776

Urshurak776 Tele-Holic

@Chunkocaster I was looking at the 2 in 1 also, but then saw this was essentially the same thing, with a power supply, and about $10-$15 cheaper. Everything else (soldering iron and heat gun) looks like the same model. My concern is they are going for $70, but this seller is blowing them out at $38. They are selling like hotcakes according to their profile. Hopefully it works out. I'll let you know.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  5. Urshurak776

Urshurak776 Tele-Holic

Not sure...maybe they are hot....but, they have all sold within the last two days, so I'm guessing nobody has received them yet.

Oh well, ebay and paypal have buyer protection. We'll see what happens.

6. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah I paid around $70 bucks for mine. Mine is housed in a plastic box though, looks cool but is not as sturdy as one in a metal enclosure. Mine did come with 7 soldering tweezers, 10 assorted iron tips and 4 tips for the heat gun, steel iron holder with sponge tray. I think yours should be fine. Great price for what you paid.

Urshurak776 likes this.
  7. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

That listing has been removed from ebay. Not finished, but removed entirely.

8. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I saw that too.

I'm looking for a new soldering iron. I guess I'll keep looking.

9. Urshurak776

Urshurak776 Tele-Holic

Yup. Seller bailed. Started a case with ebay and they are escalating it for me. Live and learn. Definitely too good to be true.....and it was.

Ebay just informed me that my money will be refunded by close of business Friday.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  10. Urshurak776

Urshurak776 Tele-Holic

UPDATE: Money is back in my Paypal account. Now I just have to wait until tomorrow to transfer it back to my bank account. I have to say, eBay was on the ball. Impressed.

zippofan likes this.
  11. Halsall

Halsall TDPRI Member

Don't get discouraged. It is worth to find right source - the best offer I found is around 70-75$ for this exact unit. Currently I am using the same solder station. Temperature regulator works just fine and solder iron warms up pretty quickly.

Urshurak776 likes this.
  12. Urshurak776

Urshurak776 Tele-Holic

862D+ 2 in 1 soldering station:

I had this one on my watchlist or a while. Also good reviews overall. It was on my watchlist at $45 and I got a notification that they are having a sale on them, $29 and free shipping. The only issue is it ships from China, so 45 days.......I may just pay for one that ships from the USA, but those are around $50. Not sure yet.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148343&icep_item=133050043878

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.