Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

72 Reissue build and Allparts neck question

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Peckhammer, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Peckhammer

Peckhammer Tele-Meister

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle
    I am planning for a 72 Reissue build. I have a body, and I also have an extra Allparts JZRO neck leftover from a Jazzmaster build.. The neck fits in the pocket just fine. The neck's nut slot has a radius, however. The neck radius is 9.5" but I am not sure of the slot radius. I have not seen a 9.5 radius nut. Stewmac sells 7.25 and 10" radius nuts.

Anyone encounter this and know what the nut slot radius is? Should I just level the slot? If yes, suggested method?

2. Peckhammer

Peckhammer Tele-Meister

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle
    I'll answer my own question in case it helps anyone that encounters this question again. The slot radius matches the neck radius. To shape the bottom of the nut, I used a specially made 9.5" radius sanding board:
    [​IMG]

3. kidmo

kidmo Friend of Leo's

May 25, 2008
    Funkytown
    Awesome, good job

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. poolshark

poolshark Tele-Meister

Mar 20, 2011
    Tallahassee
    I've been curious about this for what feels like ages. Just bought a set of radius gauges the other day, though, so I'll get to check for myself next time I buy an Allparts neck. :)

6. gsh1968

gsh1968 Tele-Holic

Jun 16, 2008
    London UK
    I wrote to Allparts asking this a year or so ago - nut slots match the fingerboard radius.
    (Strange that they only manufacture 7.25" radius nuts!)

7. Rich B in Tempe

Rich B in Tempe Tele-Meister

Apr 20, 2016
    Tempe Arizona
    All parts doesnt manufacture anything , they just sell what they get from japan-china-korea-whereever

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.