Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
  1. christhebrit

christhebrit Tele-Holic

Mar 12, 2013
    Kent
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017

2. MichaelAa

MichaelAa Tele-Holic

Jun 9, 2012
    Norway
    I can`t open any pics?
    Honestly I don`t see the point buying this guitar since it`s got a replacement neck. Players grade mods are great, but the neck and body (wood, not nicessarily the finish) gotta be original imo.

What`s the asking price?

3. Major Gruber

Major Gruber Tele-Afflicted

Feb 24, 2012
    Colombes France
    Neck is obviously right (it's a replacement neck pickup Michael!;) I couldn't open the dropbox pictures, only reverb. Is there any pictures of body without the pickguard and close ups of the cavities? I like very much the players, this one looks nice. Ok, neck pickup changed and cavity enlarged for humbucker, plus the refin, that's a lot of mods. But if the body is original, and if the original bridge pickup on this wood sounds like a beast, I know I could pay this price for a guitar like this (3000€).

4. MichaelAa

MichaelAa Tele-Holic

Jun 9, 2012
    Norway
    Yupp, I see that the original posting has been edited ;)

I`ve owned that guitar, so I know it very well ;) It`s a great player!

5. christhebrit

christhebrit Tele-Holic

Mar 12, 2013
    Kent
    Yeah, sorry my bad on the original posting!
    I'll see if I can send over the the other pics the seller has passed on via another method that isn't Dropbox

6. MichaelAa

MichaelAa Tele-Holic

Jun 9, 2012
    Norway
    I`ve done quite a few gigs with that one, and I bet it plays even better after it`s been refretted. The neck is super-comfortable. A tiny bit slimmer than the `68 I`ve got now.

7. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Spring City, Pa
    The 'ol rabid beaver pickup route!
    Great looking player!
    That neck begs me to grab a handful!

8. Duffman

Duffman TDPRI Member

Sep 26, 2014
    Toronto
    Just saw this, I bought one exactly the same in 68 /69 in Toronto , I think I paid $450.00 cnd. Like a big dummy I traded it for a 71 S.G. deluxe in 1972.
    I still have the Gibson but I have since picked up a mex Tele.
    good luck with the '68, I still miss mine.

9. PJ55

PJ55 Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2003
    Philadelphia, PA
    I think I paid $325 for mine in 1970 at the local music store. I think they'd had it a while, since everyone was buying SGs and Strats in 1970. It was still in the box. And, I think the store was glad to sell it. Their loss and my gain, since it's been with me ever since. Mine's also been refretted and the neck refinished.

033.JPG

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.