Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

5f8a tube chart labels?

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by wrench87, Jan 1, 2018.

1. wrench87

wrench87 TDPRI Member

Aug 25, 2017
    massachusetts
    Would any one know where I could find a tube chart label for the fender high power twin?.

2. theprofessor

theprofessor Friend of Leo's

Aug 8, 2016
    Chattanooga, TN
    Do you mean an original one, or a reproduction to use with a clone?

3. wrench87

wrench87 TDPRI Member

Aug 25, 2017
    massachusetts
    I was just looking for a reproduction for my Mojotone 5f8a.

4. theprofessor

Aug 8, 2016
    Chattanooga, TN
    @robrob has a great template on his website under "How to Make a Tube Amp." His template is for a 5e3. I took that and made one for my 5f2-a. So I just got that Word doc. and started to make a "Twin Amp" one. Unfortunately, I can't upload a Word doc to TDPRI. So I made it into a .pdf. Maybe there's a way to convert that back to a Word doc for you to edit it as you wish?

Once you've finished with the Word doc., make it into a JPEG or something and then insert it back into another Word doc. It's really, really easy to size that way. I did that and then printed it onto ivory paper.

Here's a picture of an original 5f8-a tube chart from Google Images. I've attached the .pdf to this post.
    04108b94cac8c0bce93fda044a336bc8.jpg

Attached Files:

robrob likes this.
  5. wrench87

wrench87 TDPRI Member

Aug 25, 2017
    massachusetts
    Thanks that is a big help, would you happen to know the dimensions of an original label so I can get the correct size?.

6. theprofessor

Aug 8, 2016
    Chattanooga, TN
    Unfortunately, I don't. I just re-sized it and printed it until I liked the size. Maybe someone else here can help.

7. Axis29

Axis29 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Jan 2, 2007
    La Quinta, CA
    I'll measure mine when I get home... But, that won't be until Friday, I'm afraid.

8. keithb7

keithb7 Friend of Leo's

Jan 9, 2010
    Western Canada
  9. Stratandtele

Stratandtele Tele-Meister

Mar 31, 2016
    New Jersey
    I made my own simple tube chart for my clone amps, using the notes program that comes in an iPad. It basically said Mojotone (amp model),had the proper tube locations, credited the builder(me), and the month and year made. I printed on my printer and attached it with contact cement. Simple and effective

10. theprofessor

Aug 8, 2016
    Chattanooga, TN
  11. wrench87

wrench87 TDPRI Member

Aug 25, 2017
    massachusetts
    The Professor made me a file and I downloaded it but it printed as a full page, I am just trying to figure out the originals size. Robs site was down yesterday I will have to check again. thanks for all the input.

12. Wyatt

Wyatt Tele-Afflicted

Nov 3, 2004
    Off the top of my head, I would say ~3.5" high by whatever the width becomes.

Margins are thin, thick, even, crooked, etc. because they were all hand cut. Same wiuth application, some were mounted with the text running horizontal, some with it running vertical and often askew.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  13. Stratandtele

Stratandtele Tele-Meister

Mar 31, 2016
    New Jersey
    Here's a shot of the tube chart in my '55 5E5-A pro. It measures "3.5 W x3" H
    IMG_0013.JPG

14. Axis29

Axis29 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Jan 2, 2007
    La Quinta, CA
    I know it's not perfect... I was thinking I had three full edges to work with.

It looks like it's about 2 7/8" tall. It might be around 3 1/2" wide? But, I'll never truly be able to tell. Sadly, a hole was cut to hold a fan when they found the power tubes running too hot back int he 70's... :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Inventour

Inventour Tele-Holic

Feb 10, 2011
    USA
    Here is Nelson's #12 tube chart. It has the #83 rectifier. Only a few shipped this way and most people got the new Mullard GZ34 to use instead. If you use Nelson's or my tube chart, please change the s/n using a Photoshop.

[​IMG]

Nelsons is the best photo to copy, if you get the correct green ink pen from an art store, you can match it close and cross out the 83. and then write in GZ34 next to it.

Last production #22 April 1960.

[​IMG]

Here is a good Deluxe too,
    [​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.