Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

'59 style Partsquier with MJT body and neck

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Laservampire, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Laservampire

Laservampire Tele-Meister

Nov 17, 2009
    Australia
    So a few years ago my beloved MJT Esquire was stolen (along with my pretty ordinary MJT '55 Strat replica) and since then I've tried to replace it with numerous custom shop nocasters and other high end teles but nothing had the same magic and insanely light weight.

I happened to come across a second hand MJT neck and body from two different sellers in Melbourne, both at excellent prices. This was born... the '59 dirty blonde Esquire!

Luckily I had a box of Tele parts I'd accumulated so the only thing I need now is an Esquire guard, the pickup is a placeholder Seymour Duncan until my Rumplestiltskin broadcaster pickup arrives.

[​IMG]

2. AlabamaOutlaw

AlabamaOutlaw Tele-Meister

Feb 20, 2011
    Alabama
    Scweeet!! So what does she weigh in at?

3. Laservampire

Nov 17, 2009
    Australia
    6 pounds 6 ounces!

I'm going mid 50s style for the body because I want to eventually put a maple neck on it, but I need to find out how to get the lacquer looking right on one first, rarely see a modern finished one that looks right.

4. 724SP

724SP Tele-Meister

Jan 26, 2008
    Salinas, CA
    Sorry to hear about the stolen Esquire...I feel your pain. I'm in the same camp as you. I had 2 partscasters made with MJT parts and one CS Nocaster (which was an amazing guitar). Had to sell one, and I still have both the MJT partscasters. My favorite is the esquire in attached pic. Just under 7 Lbs., super resonant and a blast to play. Your new one is a beauty, hope you bond to it like the last one! IMG_3577.JPG

5. Laservampire

Nov 17, 2009
    Australia
    Looks like a beauty, mate!

Got the rest of my parts to finish the build on the way, but it's fun playing it as-is as well, haha.

6. Laservampire

Nov 17, 2009
    Australia
    [​IMG]

Getting there!

Just waiting on my Rumplestiltskin pickup, and a proper chrome Fender control plate.

2 Headed Goat and hrstrat57 like this.

7. toogoodd

toogoodd Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2007
    korea
    Wow, Laservampire. That one is a beauty. Sorry about your Esquire. I've had one of my guitars stolen, so I know how it feels. :(
    Can't wait to know what your new baby sounds like. How color is that? I'm really digging it. Can you see the grain through it?

8. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Tele-Holic

Nov 21, 2016
    Rhode Island
    Kinda like that rosewood neck, different. Sweet look.

9. Laservampire

Nov 17, 2009
    Australia
    You can see the barest amount of grain through it. Kinda like a not completely opaque, very yellowed white blonde. Very odd colour.

The stolen Esquire was very nice!

[​IMG]

I wonder where it is now?

10. toogoodd

toogoodd Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2007
    korea
    I really dig that color!! It's isn't too yellow nor too white.
    That Esquire though... :(

11. Laservampire

Nov 17, 2009
    Australia
    Just looking at it now, man the body was the wrong shape! Look at that lower horn!

12. The Blood

The Blood Tele-Meister

Dec 31, 2014
    Healdsburg, CA
    I have a similar mjt body with rosewood neck with a p90 in the neck position. Weighs 7 lbs IMG_0270.JPG

13. ScribbleSomething

ScribbleSomething Tele-Meister

Mar 12, 2016
    San Antonio
    I really like it's attitude without the guard. I saw a photo of Mr Gibbons with a set up like that.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.