Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

53 tele replacement parts

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by GuitarRandy, Mar 21, 2017.

1. GuitarRandy

GuitarRandy TDPRI Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Parker, Colorado
    Hey guys,

who makes the closest to authentic replacement parts for a 53 tele? I'm looking for an original style bridge plate, bridge saddles, and non-serialized neckplate to make mine as close to original as possible. I can't afford the fleabay prices for vintage original parts so new replacements will likely be the way I have to go.

on that note, I have a 63 serial numbered neckplate that I may be willing to trade to someone with a 63 restoration project.

Thanks!

2. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire

Major Gruber, a member here, had a link at one time for bridge plates. You might PM him.

3. netgear69

netgear69 Tele-Holic

Dec 21, 2012
    england

4. Ron Garson

Ron Garson Friend of Leo's

May 18, 2003
    UK
    I would have thought that Fender's own parts would be as good as any.

MichaelAa likes this.

5. Antoon

Antoon Tele-Holic

Feb 10, 2010
    Low Lands
    Fender does not sell reliced parts? Sometimes you see reliced Fender parts taken from CS instruments for sale on Ebay. I like the "raw deal" Glendale bridges too. You can age brass saddles quite easily yourself by putting them in a hydrogen peroxide-vineger mixture and then buff them again where you hand would touch the saddles. The saddle height screws are harder to do.

6. Rich B in Tempe

Rich B in Tempe Tele-Holic

Apr 20, 2016
    Tempe Arizona
    I dont know if anybody-(1) gie to grt all the matching parts to do a 52'style partscaster, Calliham sells some decent replacement stuff, like the 52' skrew kit-as i feel if your gona try to be close replice, the slot head skrew kit helps, but their numbered neck plate is fairly cheezy. Ive seen their bakelite pickguards- their the closest!!

7. Masterbuilt

Masterbuilt Tele-Holic

Oct 28, 2004
    London,UK

8. Danman

Danman Tele-Meister

May 12, 2012
    Amsterdam,The Netherlands
    Yes! I really like Rutters. It's all very well made and looks great!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.