Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

'53 CNC build

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by ehawley, Aug 21, 2007.

1. GunsOfBrixton

GunsOfBrixton Tele-Afflicted

Dec 9, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Nice to hear from you Ed! 1600 sq. Ft. shop and a new CNC. and retirement. Sounds like you figuratively hit the lottery.!

2. adirondak5

adirondak5 Wood Hoarder Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    Hi Ed , good to hear from ya , can't wait to see your shop and CNC , I did the retirement last year , best thing I ever did , got myself a CNC machine too , now if I could just operate like you . Best to you in the new year

3. ehawley

ehawley Tele-Afflicted

Jul 16, 2005
    Keyport, New Jersey
    Thanks guys....Yeah, Can't wait to retire...I should have retired by now, but I enjoy my work too much!!?! (what did he say??) At least we have guitars to build, right guys?
    Here's what I look like today. A picture that was in the August issue of Vintage Guitar Mag.... My son and I with some of my guitars..I'm all white headed now...Have a great New Year!!

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

4. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County

I gave up on VG after about a 20 year subscription run..... was there an article or was it the reader's collection page?

5. ehawley

ehawley Tele-Afflicted

Jul 16, 2005
    Keyport, New Jersey
    Yeah..there are a lot of ads!! But the pictures of the guitars are great and the stories behind them are also.... It was in the august Fathers Day Issue.

6. brokencase

brokencase TDPRI Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Great Picture Ed, Thanks for your guidance and inspiration. Have a happy new year.

7. Engraver-60

Engraver-60 Friend of Leo's

Jan 6, 2008
    Franklin, TN
    Ed: Glad to see you're back on this forum. You're the whole reason I started dabbling with this stuff (downloaded the Tele files to create 3D jewelry, just decided to go full-size also). You have made it possible for a whole lot of folks to take up this craft, and own guitars we make ourselves. Thanks, and have a very happy New Year, and (lucky you) retirement.

Djpga likes this.

8. ducati955

ducati955 TDPRI Member

Nov 18, 2010
    walker, la
    Glad to see you back around Ed. I to have just retired. Finishing up my CNC router.
    Servos, VFD, ATC and 4th axis. Came in a kit form of sorts. Really beats using my
    milling machine to do wood work. Now I can finish my first neck and try some inlaying.

9. Rich Rice

Rich Rice Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 15, 2005
    Chicago 'Burbs
    Just spotted this.. Good to see you, Ed. Happy new year! :D

10. ehawley

ehawley Tele-Afflicted

Jul 16, 2005
    Keyport, New Jersey
    still around

Hey all...Still alive!! I just built a new 1600 two story shop at the back of my property! Bought a new CNC Router for the work area downstairs and fixing up the upstairs for a recoding studio..(mostly for my own use..:lol:) so new builds are on the way...Ill post pics of the shop and fitout...for now here is the new photo for the Vintage Guitars fathers day issue,,see you all soon!
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    One of the greatest joys I have is teaching my granddaughter, along with the help of my son, the joys of music and playing a musical instrument...That can't be beat!!

11. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

Mar 27, 2012
    Calgary, Alberta
    Great pic and I can't wait to see the shop! Did you retire yet? I sure wish I could. Thanks for all your knowledge and guidance over the years.

12. GunsOfBrixton

GunsOfBrixton Tele-Afflicted

Dec 9, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Looking forward to seeing the new shop and cnc!

13. Rich Rice

Rich Rice Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 15, 2005
    Chicago 'Burbs
    Sounds awesome! Good to see you!

14. jstream

jstream Tele-Holic

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    Hi All,

I'm trying to find the files mentioned here from post #661 and having no luck. All I get are ads to various stores. Can anyone help? Specifically the DXF and PDF files

15. guitarbuilder

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County

16. hawaiian_robot

hawaiian_robot NEW MEMBER!

Sep 2, 2015
    Newcastle, NSW
    First of all, hi everyone! Been lurking here for a bit, Ed's build thread is what inspired me to join like so many others here.

jstream, if you get the URL for those files, you can put them into http://archive.org - they have those files in their archive, I downloaded a lot of the PDFs and the neck solid. If you can't get ahold of them, drop me a message and I'll try and re-upload them somewhere for ya :)

17. guitarbuilder

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County

18. sergiomajluf

sergiomajluf Tele-Meister

Sep 26, 2015
    Santiago, Chile
    Hey guys, any chance you can share or re-upload the files for a 3D neck?

Merry Christmas BTW!

19. guitarbuilder

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    I don't think the 3d EHawley files still exist , but his DXF files are in here. You should be able to create your own if you know 3D. As far as I know, everybody here has created their own for their own specific needs.

http://www.gitarrebassbau.de/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6

Merry Xmas!

20. fishking

fishking NEW MEMBER!

Mar 4, 2016
    Wash.
    Hi Do you happen to have that neck file to purchase, I have a friend who wants to cut one on the cnc.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.