Hello Everyone, I am a new member here. I have been lurking around this site for many years and have enjoyed reading a lot of great build threads during that time. After having completed 5 guitar builds over the past 6 years (including 2 Tele's and a PJ bass) , I finally decided to join the forum and post a build of my own. I feel a little strange posting an LP build on a Tele forum as my first build thread. However, I really enjoy this site and I have been wanting to build an LP for quite some time. This build may take a while so I hope you all will bear with me. I have been working on it for a few weeks already. I wanted to get it to a point where it actually resembles a guitar body before posting because I didn't know how long it might be between updates and I didn't want to bore anyone right from the start. So anyhow, lets get started. I have had this huge slab of Honduras Mahogany for about 4 or 5 years. I have been waiting for a special build to cut in to it. After a bit of cutting with a circular saw and a jig saw, I have a piece that can actually fit on my band saw table. A few minutes of band sawing and I have a roughed out body blank ready to be planed. I don't have a planer of my own but I have a friend who does. He also builds guitars too. We did not plane it all the way down to 1.75" at first. I wanted to make sure if it moved any after the cutting and planning, that I had a little extra left to plane it flat again. after a couple of weeks it still appeared flat so we planed it down to final thickness. Around the same time that I band sawed out the mahogany I also cut out the two halves of the top from a piece of flame maple I had. It is only about 7/8" thick so this will not be a book matched top. From what I have read, late 50's LP tops were usually not book matched. I really like the look of the unmatched tops so that is what I will be using for this build. It is getting late so I think I will conclude my first post with a pic of the flame maple that I made the top from. I have a lot more pictures to share of the progress made the last couple of weeks. I will try to get them posted in the next day or so.