Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

44 Years Ago Today...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by hekawi, Jan 30, 2013.

1. hekawi

hekawi Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 29, 2003
    greenville, sc
    ...The Beatles climbed up on the roof and performed their last "concert"

2. Vortexan

Vortexan Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    I remember in high school going to the movie theatre and seeing the movie of the rooftop concert. I wish they would release it I'd love to have the DVD. They look like they were enjoying themselves. Thanks for posting a great memory!

3. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    did they ever pass the audition?

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. fuzzbender

fuzzbender Former Member

Feb 15, 2011
    dislocation
    Gimme some roof

don't let me down

6. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity

Vale, George.... son of Mr Green Jeans...... ;)

I saw that concert when it was first realeased, as well.. I guess it was sad it was the last time we would see them together playing live...

We were quite into the latter Beatles then, all the long hair and walking fashion statements.......:)

7. pondcaster

pondcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 29, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    Ahhhhh, ....my first Rosewood Tele sighting.

8. Every time I see these clips I want one.

9. pondcaster

pondcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 29, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    Confession: I was on eBay just the other night looking at some MIJ TLs! Just can justify it right now plus am worried they would just be too heavy. I like 'em light nowadays.

10. Vortexan

Vortexan Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    Wonder if that is why George gave it away to Delaney Bramlett. Too heavy. Delaney still has it last I heard.

11. StratBluesRock

StratBluesRock Friend of Leo's

May 3, 2012
    Connecticut, USA
  12. Fearnot

Fearnot Friend of Leo's

Jan 17, 2010
    Decatur, GA
    Actually, the rosewood Tele found its way back to George at some point. It's featured in Dhani's iPad app/gallery of Harrison's guitars.

13. Dave1234

Dave1234 Tele-Afflicted

Mar 4, 2012
    Leicestershire
    I managed to get a hooky copy of the film on DVD, I hadn't seen it since the seventies, when it was aired on the TV. Incredible piece of filmmaking.

14. idjster

idjster Friend of Leo's

I followed the Beatles from their public beginnings in North America and the start of Beatlemania until this ending. This film still evokes some pretty strong emotions in me. Thanks for posting it.

And yes, George's estate has the rosewood Tele back. I read about it first in Guitar Aficionado magazine (no, I don't buy it very often) and then in Dhani's iPad app as well. So much history…

15. LeftyAl

LeftyAl Friend of Leo's

Mar 24, 2010
    Fl.
    I think you can still see it on youtube,I used to watch it a lot.Then there's this site 1channel you can watch a lot of movies free.

16. Vortexan

Vortexan Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    Cool! Didn't know about the app. Just downloaded it! Wow! Thanks!

17. zombywoof

zombywoof Friend of Leo's

We didn't know it at the time though. I saw the Beatles at Shea and I doubt ever actually envisioned a world without them.

18. dannew02

dannew02 Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2010
    Erin Prarie, WI
    The cops basically shut them down for noise violation, right? So had they gotten a permit (or, you know, played inside somewhere...) would it have been longer? Or was the plan always just "play 'til The Man stops us"?
    I could watch this over and over and over. Thanks for posting this.

19. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 8, 2010
    Up North
    44 years later and the Fab Four can still Bring-it.

20. gmann

gmann Friend of Leo's

May 7, 2008
    Okinawa, Japan
    Delaney passed away a couple of yrs ago. Prior to his passing the guitar was sold at auction and the Harrison estate got the guitar back.

21. I'd love to see the full 40 mins version of the rooftop gig, only 20 in the movie.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.