Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

$379.99 Fender Classic Player Triple Telecaster

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by arielyitus, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Corgitodd

Corgitodd Tele-Meister

Mar 1, 2015
    Cleveland
    The Nocaster has a fuller and an almost 3 dimensional tone. Reminds me of the difference between a Martin D18 and a D18 golden era.

2. AngelDeville

AngelDeville Tele-Afflicted

Dec 27, 2007
    Albuquerque
    [​IMG]

3. connuchar

connuchar Tele-Meister

May 30, 2006
    phx az
    darn it ,now eye have to get another ash tray

4. metalosophy

metalosophy Tele-Meister

Dec 21, 2016
    Dublin, CA
    Man... do ashtrays always get magnetized super fast or is the Nocaster just a beefy pickup?

5. tooloud

tooloud Tele-Meister

Mar 5, 2009
    Richmond, TX
    here is my Tripe Tele Moded Seth Lover Neck pickup, 4 way switch for coil splitting, and reversed controll plate.
    [​IMG]Triple Tele Mods by tooloud,

6. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    He means his UN-Triple Tele. As in UTT. :lol::lol:

Now you gotta get off this threads lawn you know... :D

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    ultra80096 likes this.

7. Matthew Leo

Matthew Leo TDPRI Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Maine
    So, how many of you have seen more than one of these for sale somewhere like CL recently, like me? "Paid $650 recently at the dealer, wife says gotta go, will take $500" lol......I've seen two already.

hrstrat57 likes this.

8. Sandhill69

Sandhill69 Tele-Holic

Jun 18, 2016
    Colorado
    lol for sale and sold are two different universes. I bet 90% of what people try to sell gets researched here on tdpri and the buyer is brought down to earth, but I guess time will tell.

9. mijstrat72

mijstrat72 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 31, 2008
    mqt.
    Ive seen one on feebay.

I almost amusingly harrassed the seller, but I wasnt sure if they were a member here...

10. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2006
    Dallas TX USA
    Mine aren't for sale, but I think $500 is a fair price.

A standard MIM Tele is $599, and the FSR's with the reversed control plate are $699, so $500 for a Triple Tele seems reasonable to me, especially NOS or as new.

Yes, these were a great deal for $380. $500 is a fair price, but then I'd only buy one.

PixMix likes this.

11. PixMix

PixMix Tele-Holic

Aug 30, 2008
    MI
    My TT isn't for sale either and I absolutely have no plans on parting with it, but I will say that imo $500 is a fair price for one, assuming it's not uber heavy. Very well made, great fretwork, top quality pickups, wring and pots, which is something most of us do first to a standard MIM tele.

12. AngelDeville

AngelDeville Tele-Afflicted

Dec 27, 2007
    Albuquerque
    I have guitars I like, but this one I love.

13. Corgitodd

Corgitodd Tele-Meister

Mar 1, 2015
    Cleveland
    If they were Fiesta Red or Blonde and Greg Koch endorsed them they'd go for a grand.

PixMix likes this.

14. bennythedroid

bennythedroid TDPRI Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Tacoma, WA
    Doing my part to keep this thread on top forever...

I've had mine for a couple weeks now, and I've definitely got a bad output jack. Anyone else have any issues with any of the electronics?

I love this guitar, I mean really, really enjoy this guitar, but it's always a bummer to have something like that go bad on you out the gate. It's just not something worth hassling Fender or Adorama with when it's so simple to swap out myself, but obviously I'd rather not have to dig into a guitar I'm otherwise very content with.

Well, if nothing else it helps me get my money's worth on my StewMAX subscription.

15. mijstrat72

mijstrat72 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 31, 2008
    mqt.
    Im gettin a serious bug to route this sucker for a normal tele neck pickup....

JayFreddy likes this.

16. Lies&Distortion

Lies&Distortion Tele-Meister

May 27, 2014
    SE Michigan
    Or three..?

17. dwh100

dwh100 TDPRI Member

Dec 5, 2016
    LA county
    I'm starting to get some serious saddle buzzing going on. Weather has been a bit chilly and wet lately. A set up is definitely in order. I'm not looking forward to setting the neck relief with the truss adjustment at the heel! I guess Ill experiment to find an iteration of loosen neck, adjust neck, tighten neck to get this done. Sounds like chore!

18. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Make sure you are tuned at pitch. Mine acclimated from needing attention to not needing it in 48 hours. I expected as much and just let it sit for a bit before hitting it right away. It turned opaque with condensation it was so cold when is landed. The guitar that is. And the relative humidity in my house is about 40% or so controlled and monitored. I was wondering if the condensation was going to form into frozen droplets at first, not really. ;)

AngelDeville likes this.

19. Tim S

Tim S Tele-Meister

Oct 27, 2008
    Upstate NY

20. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2006
    Dallas TX USA
    Fortunately the neck bolts on mine have been well tapped and coated in bees' wax, so adjusting the neck has been simple.

If you want to adjust the truss rod without changing the strings, use a clamp type capo like a Kyser, loosen the strings, clamp 'em with the Kyser near the nut to keep the strings from popping out of the tuning machines... When removing the neck, back off each bolt a little at a time, to keep the torque even.

When you put the neck back on, do the same thing in reverse, i.e., tighten each neck bolt a little at a time, as you would when tightening a wheel on a car.

These are good guitars, I'm very happy with mine. The three bridge pickups thing is a little bit strange and is probably why they didn't sell better, but everything else about these guitars is solid.

I'll see ya'll over in the Triple Tee Club. :cool:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.