Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

$379.99 Fender Classic Player Triple Telecaster

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by arielyitus, Dec 16, 2016.

1. DanDII

DanDII Tele-Meister

Nov 2, 2015
    Sinsinnasti
    Couple more pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JayFreddy likes this.

2. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 6, 2006
    Dallas TX USA
    That looks like alder to me.

Since the truss rod can be adjusted with a large Philips' head screwdriver and the bridge saddles can be adjusted with a mini-flathead, I don't think any Allen wrenches are required for the Triple T.

I was initially a little bummed that I would have to remove the neck to adjust the truss, but once I got in there and did it, I found not having to use a special wrench is a happy trade-off.

AngelDeville likes this.

3. jvin248

jvin248 Friend of Leo's

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI
    I'd guess Alder. Mine look like typical Ash.

The barcode sticker in yours looks different ending digits than I remember in mine. Enough TT owners take a peek there I suspect we can figure out the trend in wood vs part number.

JayFreddy likes this.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. AngelDeville

AngelDeville Tele-Afflicted

Dec 27, 2007
    Albuquerque
    I'll pull mine apart when I change strings and pickguard and post my specs.

6. waymorewaylon

waymorewaylon TDPRI Member

Jan 5, 2017
    MO
    Mine arrived today :D 8 lbs 11 oz (14.3lb ship weight), all 3 nocasters, can't wait to play it. It has some moderate scratching on the film over the pickguard - I haven't peeled the film off to check, but would you guys recommend I do? Or leave the film on to keep it protected...? Also, do I need to register it somehow to activate the warranty? I'm so incredibly stoked to have this in my hands - it's my first electric guitar, I've always loved the tele sound, and I'm feeling a renewed inspiration to play and write. Thank you all so much for your posts that convinced me to take the plunge.
    -Amanda

7. Sandhill69

Sandhill69 Tele-Holic

Jun 18, 2016
    Colorado
    Mine did too looking under a magnifier, I think just from the setup and QC work at the factory. Nothing else about it made me think that it had been touched since being shrouded and boxed.

8. stratoblaster

stratoblaster Tele-Meister

Aug 2, 2006
    Scottsdale AZ
    Congrats you can't really go wrong for $379. I either take the film off once I know I'm keeping it. Or, I keep it on until I play it enough that the film is wearing off.

I don't believe you have to register it. Just keep your receipt or the email they sent you. When I called Fender about my rogue pickup I asked them if I should register it and they said something to the effect of "we don't really do that anymore." And the shop I dropped it off for the pickup warranty service didn't have a problem. They just wanted my receipt.

AngelDeville and JayFreddy like this.

9. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Northern VA
    Was always skeptical of registering stuff. I think it's a way for them to get your personal info. Not like they can fail to honor the warranty if you don't register it.

10. metalosophy

metalosophy Tele-Meister

Dec 21, 2016
    Dublin, CA
    It's a lot of quality, tasty guitar for $380, there is no question. It's quickly become my guitar I take with me for practicing. It's really wonderful to have a guitar designated as the couch player, especially when it's this nice and not Asian even though it's priced as such.

11. grandstick

grandstick Tele-Holic

Oct 10, 2010
    Virginia, US
    My TT was shipped in it's original shipping box. It hadn't been opened - the original shipping staples were still fixed on the ends. The only thing I saw was that they placed my shipping address sticker over the top of the original shipping label.

The guitar has 3 Nocasters in it and weighs 8 lbs. 4 oz.. I haven't looked inside to see what kind of wood it is made of. I will do that when I install the compensated bridge pieces later this week.

AngelDeville likes this.

12. mijstrat72

mijstrat72 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 31, 2008
    mqt.
    My TT showed up today! What a fun surprise!!

Its set up okay, havent been able to play it much, the neck has some shoulder to it...

Im liking the tones coming out of it...

In case your wondering....I got a black one!

waymorewaylon and AngelDeville like this.

13. AngelDeville

AngelDeville Tele-Afflicted

Dec 27, 2007
    Albuquerque
    That's odd!

robt57 likes this.

14. mijstrat72

mijstrat72 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 31, 2008
    mqt.
    Ok, got some time in, went through the different selections, and I like all of them!

The TT sounds rich and full through my modded Blues jr.

The in between sounds are a bit anemick, much like my CS 69's but with a ton of girth.

Im thinking about ditchin the middle pickup, and just having a neck and bridge, but I like that tone too...

Oh well, I wont do anything right away. Its nice having a brand new guitar.

songtalk, AngelDeville and JayFreddy like this.

15. Lies&Distortion

Lies&Distortion Tele-Meister

May 27, 2014
    SE Michigan
    Dang it, no longer available!

Oh well, no longer a temptation.

songtalk and AngelDeville like this.

16. PixMix

PixMix Tele-Holic

Aug 30, 2008
    MI
    I like the middle pickup, actually almost even more than the bridge (blasphemy :eek:). Mine is getting just a pickguard swap.

AngelDeville likes this.

17. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    You'll see I made a similar comment...

PixMix and AngelDeville like this.

18. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    I got a pestering email to do a review on the 'Purchase'.

Of course the unsubscribe link in the message did not work, just brought me to a link of the Triple T saying no longer available.
    Wankers! OK, they get a pass for me getting the deal. ;)

19. dpeezie

dpeezie TDPRI Member

Jan 5, 2017
    San Jose, CA
    Yeah, as an update - I had the warranty card all filled out and was ready to take it in, but I didn't want to lose the guitar for 2-3 weeks for repairs...I pulled the switch plate off and it was pretty obvious that the bridge pickup wire (yellow) had broken away from the soldering and was loosely hanging in place. It was easier to order a soldering iron on Amazon and fix it myself than to take it anywhere else. All those years of soldering my RC-10 motors finally paid off!

20. Corgitodd

Corgitodd Tele-Meister

Mar 1, 2015
    Cleveland
    There's an art to making those solder joints look factory.

21. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Northern VA
    I was going to sell mine. First tele, first real time I've spent with one and I just prefer my strat or les Paul. But I know if I sell it I will think about keef, Albert Collins, Roy Buchanan and I will think man, I am missing something, I need more time with a tele and I will want a tele again and I will end up spending $1,000 or more. So I'm keeping it and it's gonna save me money down the line. ;-)

JayFreddy likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.