Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

30 Day practicing Sweep Picking!

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by oriolmusic, Sep 14, 2017.

1. oriolmusic

oriolmusic TDPRI Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Barcelona
    Hey folks I have just made this video about 30 days playing a sequence of sweep picking and tapping and practicing only ten minutes per day. I decided to do this video to show you how it’s possible to improve by practicing only 10 minutes per day and also to encourage you to try this. The truth is that I’m currently very happy with my progress, I didn’t expect this! In fact, I need to tell you that I already knew how to play sweep picking before doing this exercise, I simply wanted to improve it. For this reason I decided to start with a long chord progression and use tapping finger. If you are just starting with sweep picking, I would recommend you to begin with something more simple like a sweep picking with only three strings, just one chord and played at 100 bpm for example. To finish, I wanted to say that the are some ways to practice sweep picking, this is only one. Thank you for your visit, I hope you enjoy it! ;)

viccortes285 likes this.

2. johnny k

johnny k Tele-Afflicted

Jan 15, 2011
    France
    interesting. I ve always wondered if those practice that technique for 30 days worked. I guess it works if you re willing to commit suffering 10 mns a day of metronome practice.

3. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx

4. oriolmusic

oriolmusic TDPRI Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Barcelona

5. basher

basher Tele-Afflicted

Jun 7, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Welcome! That's a very cool video; I might just give that a try. I haven't done any hardcore metronome work in years.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.