Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

2nd Pinecaster completed

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Arlo, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Arlo

Arlo Friend of Leo's

Jul 22, 2006
    Upta Camp
    LOL, Ron I just fake all that stuff!!
    I haven't forgot you either I have the two Digger Pine body's sitting on my kitchen table since we last talked. I am thinking maybe making a bass out of one ?? What say you oh mighty guitar guru?

Zosofan, you could build one of them critters for less than..............well lets add it up.

Body = $145 (Marty - TDPRI member)
    Neck = $300 (Warmoth)
    Tuners = $25 (Warmoth)
    Pickups = $65 (Bill Lawrence Keystones - editorjuno TDPRI member)
    Plate, knobs, jack cup = $23 (SteMac)
    Electronics = $26 (StewMac - assembly required)
    Bridge, saddles, neck plate = $155 (Glendale)
    Howard's Feed N Wax = $4 (Home Depot)

I may have forgot the exact prices but anywhere from $700 - $800 so it really isn't that bad. Of course try and sell the idea to the female side of the purse and well now it would seem to be a whole other thing :rolleyes:

2. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    hey u rascal.... u got mail......

and I don't fake... I really can't sing..... couldn't carry a tune in a bucket...

rk

3. 6x47

6x47 Tele-Holic

Mar 28, 2007
    Northern ON
    Guitarbuilder sure does nice work.

Arlo! Where's the NAUGHTY Pinecaster ????

4. Arlo

Arlo Friend of Leo's

Jul 22, 2006
    Upta Camp

You mean this one here:

[​IMG]

5. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County

6. Grin'n'pick

Grin'n'pick Friend of Leo's

I'm not normally drawn to natural Arlo but that tele is just sooo beautiful, one of the nicest looking guitars on here yet. She is outstanding.

7. guitarbuilder

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    [​IMG]

Here is one from the discard pile.... imagine the nerve of that tree... 2 knots :)
    Marty

8. fenderix

fenderix Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 17, 2003
    Europe
    Smack dab in the middle! Ol' Piney is easily one of the nicest naturals, if not t h e nicest, I've seen so far!
    Beautiful guitar from the tip of the headstock down ... :)

9. 6x47

6x47 Tele-Holic

Mar 28, 2007
    Northern ON

10. 6x47

6x47 Tele-Holic

Mar 28, 2007
    Northern ON
    I'll bet you could make me a lovely lefty out of it.

I'm serious!

Rich

11. guitarbuilder

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    6x,
    I made a lefty pine t- body from an earlier batch and dragged it around for 2-3 years to the usual guitar shows that I vend at. I thought it would be a hot item. Not one person offered me any reasonable money for it. I had it on the classfieds here in the tdpri... still nothing. I finally sold it on Ebay this spring as a lefty kit.
    marty

12. thatsJared

thatsJared TDPRI Member

May 11, 2007
    Nashville
    You know, Arlo, life is all about the little things, and I think you have certainly perfected them. From the leather pickguard to your Name on the Flextone amp(which puts it over the top for me), you have certainly raised the bar for all of us.

We can only hope to rise up to the challenge to form our own identity and create something of desire for others around us.

Thanks for the inspiration.

13. Arlo

Arlo Friend of Leo's

Jul 22, 2006
    Upta Camp
    Blame it all on Buckocaster51, Marty, Ron, Fuzzy, Terry, Arte and all the others!

Seriously though thanks Jared my inspiration comes from all of the great members here who have shared all of their tricks of the trade. That is one very special thing about the TDPRI there are lot of great people here. We don't always agree but when it comes to the chunk of wood with 6 strings attached it is easier to remember why we all hang out here. ;)

14. Taipan

Taipan Tele-Meister

Sep 30, 2007
    Western NY State
    Arlo - Looking back and Drolling over your Pinecaster and Barncaster posts and noticed that you have a different saddle on the low E and A string. Can you please elaborate on what it is and why.
    Thanks,

15. modelo dos

modelo dos Tele-Meister

Apr 11, 2007
    SusQ Valley, PA
    Man, that is one seriously clear piece of pine, the graining is almost perfect. Nice choice on the plank, Arlo!

16. tdowns

tdowns Former Member

Nov 8, 2003
    Texas
    Very nice indeed. Thanks for sharing.

17. sudancat

sudancat Tele-Holic

Jul 27, 2004
    North Carolina
    Congratulations Arlo. I noticed the Cowboy Song on utube thats mentioned above has been viewed over 15,000 times. I can personally contribute to about 25 of those viewings. Awesome.

Ol Piney looks great also. Keep up the good work.

18. Ronkirn

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    Here's my 2 cents worth. The one and ONLY thing good about Pine is it's inexpensive, looks great, easy to work with, makes a great Tele, has an amazing smell when ya open the case, has a fantastic tone, Uhh... Oh... wait... that's more than one ain't it?

Ron Kirn

19. modelo dos

modelo dos Tele-Meister

Apr 11, 2007
    SusQ Valley, PA
    ...so Ron, are you saying you like Pine, or not...I'm confused... :p

20. Ronkirn

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    I love it.... it's a requirement of living down here.... really, it is great stuff....

Ron Kirn

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.