Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

$29 Arions at MF

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by kp8, Jan 11, 2006.

1. kp8

kp8 Friend of Leo's

Aug 22, 2004
    Seoul, Korea
    I hear that these things are shockingly good for the getus. At least years ago, when they had different cosmetics and all, they had that rep. I know they are not going to be super duper hi-fi noise free true-bypass blah blah blah... but i need some stuff for noise and curcuit bending and gallery installations...

but i am also wondering are they any good enough for straight up use ... slap back & country picking, etc.? Anyone heard them? I'm using a small handful of those $39 dano pedals and they aren't nearly as bad as the price suggests and the tuna melt is almost as good as a couple $200 trems i have heard (still love that creamy voodoo labs trem tho)... so you never know... I love cheap stompers, and i love to muck with them, but iffin i can use them straight up i am all the more pleased.

Arion SAD-3 Stereo Delay

Arion DDM-1 Digital Delay Pedal

I used to love the Dano Chicken salad too (another $29 fun box!) but i just got my grubby paws on a Palthegiraffe Alteration Vat Thrown Cone Expanded Chorus and i am tempted to get a vibrato kit.... i love vibrato and trem... i love to throb! hee hee but throbbing is another topic..

2. Mike Rice

Mike Rice Friend of Leo's

Mar 2, 2003
    Hudson Valley
    Not quite as cheap

But keep your eyes on eBay and Harmony-Central for a used Guyatone MD-3. It's incredible for slapback, and incredibly tiny to boot. While they often go for a bit more, I also found at least 2 or 3 for $65 shipped in the short time I was looking for mine. It'll do more than slapback but I thought that's where it really stood out. The note/tone repro is good and true in any mode.
  3. clayfeat

clayfeat Tele-Afflicted

Jan 19, 2005
    bloomington, in
    I step on a DDM-1 for most of my solos. I think it sounds great. 8)
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity

Apr 28, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    I bought a SAD-3 a couple of years ago on a MF blowout for $19.98.

I found the delay tone to be too degraded to use. Really, really dirty. Sounded like there was a tone knob tuned down about half way on just the delay tone.

So I traded it in at a local shop for $30!
  6. ravindave_3600

ravindave_3600 Friend of Leo's

Apr 30, 2004
    Newly Indiana
    Re: Not quite as cheap

Cheap pedals, to me, are more about the fun than the tone. They may do the job, etc., but there's always something a little more expensive that sounds a little better. But if what you want is a low-priced box that sounds pretty fine, why not?

A friend really likes the new dano series. Great? No, but a good cheap time.

7. bluescube

bluescube Friend of Leo's

Mar 9, 2004
    Greensboro NC
    Try to find some deals on the Dano WASABI line. I have the rock-a-bye tape echo/delay plus overdrive and it is very good.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.