2019 NBA Playoffs...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by chet again, May 20, 2019.

1. chet again

chet again Tele-Meister

have been pretty interesting to watch so far. I hope Golden State gets beat tho'. :D

I think the Bucks will win it all but I think Leonard is the best player in the league. Hope he goes to Houston next year.

FenderGuy53 likes this.
  2. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

The Greek Freak looked a little overwhelmed last night. Hopefully he bounces back on Tuesday, I'd like to see the Bucks get to the Finals.

- D

FenderGuy53 likes this.
  3. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

- Another anyone but the warriors, anyone but the Patriots, anyone but Alabama

Cantbreak100guy and FenderGuy53 like this.
  4. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

I guess it's human nature to root for the underdog, but Golden State has too much talent (even without KD) to lose a best-of-seven series.

StrangerNY likes this.
  5. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

Teams like the Warriors, Patriots and Crimson Tide can't be faulted for great recruiting and coaching.

However, when ANY coach cheats to win, it's a black eye, not only for the team, but also for the sport.

Shame on you, New England Patriots!

6. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

Watched Toronto and Milwaukee last night for first time. Neither team is even in the same ballpark as the Warriors, the Nuggets, Portland etc. Looked like amateurs comparatively.

7. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

IMO it’s been good - I like the modern game even though it hardly resembles what I used to play.

8. KCJonez

KCJonez Tele-Holic

Go Rap!
    Last night's game was crazy. But I wish Paskal would have just drained the free throws in regulation and spared all the drama

BB likes this.
  9. chet again

chet again Tele-Meister

GS makes everyone look bad with their ball movement but the Bucks will shut down the inside with their size. No more Draymond uncontested layups.

They'll miss KD against the Bucks.

10. Robert H.

Robert H. Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

The only team that can beat the W’s is the W’s. Bucks have a shot at it. Folks who think Draymond is over rated just don’t get what he did last game. Absolute dominant will to win and skill to match.

BB likes this.
  11. Grandy

Grandy Tele-Meister

Bucks are looking good. They have a deep bench, deeper than GS. I'm already looking forward to the match up. GS will be in serious truble with them if they don't get KD back.

12. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

After the Sonics left town and became the OKC Thunder, (Remember, Seattle drafted KD) I stopped watching the NBA. Just now getting back into it and I'm amazed at GS. Curry is amazing and I knew Klay was going to be great after following his college career at WSU.

Draymond is really the cog that makes it all run. Wonderful player who doesn't get his due. KD is just from another planet.

Giannis is like superman and Kawi is just a joy to watch. So many amazing players. Love Luka and Nikola too.

Robert H. likes this.
  13. rad1

rad1 Tele-Afflicted

If the Dubs get to finals (sure looks like they will) , KD and Cousins will both play in the series.

The east looks much stronger this year.

14. chet again

chet again Tele-Meister

The Blazers defenders have to start playing real defense instead of watching GS run their plays. Curry can be stopped by the defense switching and not letting him drive.

But I don't think they will do this.

15. Mr. Neutron

Mr. Neutron Tele-Meister

They didn't.

16. rad1

rad1 Tele-Afflicted

It really is as simple as, crunch time if the game is close the Dubs just know how to win. They have been there so many times.

I can’t believe I’m gonna say this, but I’m not sure the Dubs would have made it this far if KD was still playing.

Curry is great, but Green is the engine that drives that team. As Kerr says, when Green drives the length of the court, he is going down hill and almost impossible to stop. Then there is that defense of his, amazing.

BB likes this.
  17. chet again

chet again Tele-Meister

Like I said, the Blazers (and most of the NBA players in general) can't guard a chair. They're supposed to be playing man to man D.

Just stay in front of him. Is that hard?

GS is like a basketball octopus. They have many players that contribute on offense. It's hard to focus on any one player.

It comes down to great coaching.

rad1 likes this.
  18. chet again

chet again Tele-Meister

I hope KD gets the urge to play on another team to beat the Warriors and joins the Rockets. He's exactly what they need.

19. rad1

rad1 Tele-Afflicted

Don’t get me wrong, I like KD, but he never won with Westbrook who is truly amazing. KD is not a great team player. I have watched him so many times in OKC and Oakland take over a game and do great, but no teammate involvement and I have watched him try to take over a game and just do miss after miss and lose his dribble and throw it away never looking for his teammates.

Curry on the other hand can do his share of misses but if someone else is hot Curry makes sure that person gets the ball even if it is crunch time.

KD did not win a title until he came to the Warriors and he won’t win another title after he leaves the Warriors.

KD is great, but he needs to be on a team where it is all about him.

20. chet again

chet again Tele-Meister

The problem when he was with Westbrook is that Westbrook didn't use him correctly. Westbrook would do as you're saying KD did and try to take over games but missing shots at crunch time. He still does the same thing.

CP3 needs to concentrate on being a distributor point guard. Harden will give up the ball and even act as a decoy but he didn't have anyone capable to doing what KD can do this season.

Yeah, KD is kind of a one dimensional player but he's one of the best at what he does on offense.

BB likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.