Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

2015 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Brad Pittiful, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston
    Not a big Newton fan, but he admitted they were outplayed, and sat there for 2 and a half minutes enduring stupid questions. So he wasn't chatty after losing the biggest game of his career. Not sure that qualifies as "storming out" - he got up and left after what I'm guessing is the mandated minimum.

2. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Iowa USA
    Admin Post
    No horse in the race.

I enjoyed the game.

Up until the last few minutes, it could have gone the other way.

:)

3. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Bingo! That score was no runaway by any means....

Like you said, until the last few minutes and Caroliny was visibly shaken and had lost confidence...

4. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Feb 24, 2005
    FL
    The NFL is a game of failure - how you deal with your share of it ultimately defines the type of player you become. If you don't act like a leader when you face adversity, no one is going to buy your act when you try and 'lead' when things are going great.

5. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

^^Well said^^

Also, what about Newton not going for that fumble at the end? Physical and mental mistakes happen, but lack of effort is inexcusable.

6. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    are QBs taught not to put themselves in harms way...look at palmer...tried to tackle that steeler who intercepted him and messed up his finger...maybe cost them the super bowl run...was cam trying to avoid injury...this is the top game he will ever be in (may never get back)...you have to give 100% of yourself...even it means you get hurt and out for the game at that point...you have nothing to lose and everything to lose for not trying to get the ball...was he frustrated so much he didnt try to get he ball

7. ravindave_3600

ravindave_3600 Friend of Leo's

Apr 30, 2004
    Newly Indiana
    Frustration. Poor position, over the ball so he couldnt dive. Thought the Broncs had recovered. Trained to NOT dive in and get hurt (ala Brees). Could have been lots of reasons but I dont have a problem with it.

8. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Cam is 6' 5" and about 250 lbs. AlI season he's been advertised as a new breed of QB who, along with having a great arm, can run around and through would be tacklers. He even said himself this week that he's "something we've never seen before". Now he can't be put in harms way?

Even if that is a rule of thumb, all bets are off in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl. Pretty sure that's why John Elway dove head first for that first down against Green Bay years ago...instead of sliding as QBs are taught.

The only thing I've heard that makes even the slightest bit of sense is that maybe he thought it was (or was at least trying to play it off as) an incomplete pass and that made him hesitant. Still lame to me, but I was rooting for Denver any way.

9. Jimmy Dean

Jimmy Dean Tele-Afflicted

Cam is being crucified online today. I have always thought he acted immature & full of himself. It is now up to him to man up. If he doesn't make a statement apologizing to the press & the fans, he will be toast.
    I went & looked up Russel Wilson's post SB interview from last year. He took personal responsibility for their loss & gave a classy interview.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.