Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

2015 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Brad Pittiful, Mar 3, 2015.

1. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

My main reason for thinking this is his last go 'round is simply watching how he's played this past season.

2. JimInMO

JimInMO Tele-Meister

Jun 26, 2008
    Group W Bench
    Not a Denver fan, lived in Kansas city for 40 years, but I do admire Manning. Hope there's nothing to the HGH thing. I tried real hard to believe Lance Armstrong but there was always that nagging gut feeling.:(

3. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    Agree with you on this. I'm not a big Peyton Manning fan, but I respect what he's done and it would be a shame for it to be tarnished.

4. chris m.

chris m. Friend of Leo's

I hadn't seen a Panthers NFL game until last Sunday against Arizona. I was blown away by Cam, totally blown away. What a total athlete-- I was reading in NY Times that he is like other amazing athletes that probably could have made it in the pros in more than one sport. From what I've read he is already a strong leader and is really just trying to have fun, not trying to be disrespectful at all. This could be the beginning of a new dynasty and if the Panthers can persevere against the league's #1 defense then it will be a well-earned win that sets them on their way. It will also finally silence any lingering concerns regarding their validity as the real deal.

Some of these games have had incredibly stupid clock management and coaching decisions. Arizona should have been going for it on 4th, on-side kicking, etc., a lot sooner. And every time they threw a pass to the middle of the field or ran and didn't get out of bounds the Panthers were perfectly happy to trade the yards for the time lost on the clock. They basically didn't give themselves a real chance to come back. I can see how they were feeling a Catch-22 feeling when Palmer kept turning it over. If they had their defense on the field, they were giving up points and losing opportunities to score. If they had their offense on the field, they were turning it over, anyway. That game was a similar contrast between a veteran pocket-passer and a new young gun do-it-all QB.

The NFL analyst for NY Times is very entertaining. His "Tuesday Morning Quarterback" column is great. Here's one of his articles, if the link works for y'all--

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/27/u...wsevent&rref=collection/news-event/super-bowl

5. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    ...ah, c'mon man. take pity on folks who can't get good gumbo! I'm sorry they annoy you, but ain't no one losing any sleep over dat.

I was in NO to watch John Elway lose to the Saints, and there were just as many obnoxious fans there. Shoveling snow got you down?

6. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 11, 2006
    Greater Boston
    I guess we'll see how it all shakes out...

http://www.people.com/article/peyto...rmone-allegations-nfl-investigation-superbowl

7. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Nothing has me down, just stating my observations. As for snow, there's been none here to shovel :lol:

I've lived a lot of different places and have thus been the 'outsider' in terms of not being a fan of the local team. These are my anecdotal observations. They are my OPINIONS, based on my EXPERIENCE.

Denver fans are very passionate fans. They flipping LOVE their Denver Broncos. It's admirable. However, many of them often overlook the team's flaws and tend to overrate exactly how good the team is. Granted, many fans of all teams are like that, I just tend to see it more in Bronco fans. I will say this.... they're being sort of quiet right now, not crowing too much. I think many (some) of them are a little afraid of another Super Bowl debacle.

Utah Jazz fans, back when Stockton and Malone were there, were like Bronco fans, but worse. Since they're pretty irrelevant these days, don't know if it's the case anymore. Many of them felt their team wasn't just better than the opposition, they felt their team was morally superior to the other team, and therefore should win. Michael Jordan was the devil, and he still torments them in their dreams. Oh, and he pushed off and should have been called for a foul/no basket on that last dream-killing shot (per Utah fans).

The city of St Louis has some of the best in my experience. I have heard many state that Cardinals fans are somewhat insufferable nowadays; maybe this is true with the post-season success of the last decade or so. I lived there in the late 90s, and both Cardinal fans and Blues fans were great: knowledgeable about the game, realistic about the team, and extremely passionate and loyal.

These are my experiences based on living in these places.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016

8. GuitarJonz

GuitarJonz Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 16, 2003
    MA
    Peyton Manning is the worst quarterback to ever start a Super Bowl

Wow, this is harsh...check out this article on Manning

Manning article

9. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston
    I thought for sure this was going to be about the HGH Investigation/Intimidation story in the Washington Post yesterday, or the sexual harassment scandal from his college days that has gotten a lot of ink recently. As in he's the "worst person". But saying he's the worst ever qb to start a Super Bowl is just more "look at me!!!" crap from Fox Sports.

10. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Iowa USA
    Admin Post
    Peyton Manning the worst?

I think not.

Haters gonna hate.

11. GuitarJonz

GuitarJonz Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 16, 2003
    MA

12. surfoverb

surfoverb Doctor of Teleocity

Jul 17, 2007
    Virginia
    why is Manning still in the game? Hes going to lose it for them.

13. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Manning seals it.... not bad for an old fella.... give him his due...;)

another Ooops from the Panthers... work to do ..

14. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

Yeah panthers sucked really bad.

15. trev333

don't ruff me man, I'm #1...

Cam Newton's ego takes a big hit.....

16. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

Cam is just another panther QB that choked in a real football game. One of many. The curse of the cardiac cats. :p

Oh well. NFC champions and 29-2 ain't a bad run. He will only get better.

17. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    Cam got a bit pouty late but all props to Manning & especially Denver D. I know a good defense beats a good offense every time and all that but my logical side argued that this was a mismatch with Carolina disproving the old adage. Wrong again!

18. Chris S.

Chris S. Asst. Admin Staff Member Ad Free Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Near TELE-Town (Wash. DC)
    Admin Post
    Defense wins Championships. I'm happy for Peyton and the Broncos. CS

19. trev333

I had to go into town to pick up some guitar stuff and meet the seller for coffee.. a friend of mine..

I saw the first qtr and then got back at half time to watch the rest.....

5 fender gig bags, a Squier Champ 15, and 3 x XL .010 E strings.... 50 bucks... delivered across town..sweet,,:)

Congrats to the Broncos, :)

20. 56strat

56strat Tele-Meister

Jul 7, 2008
    Bothell, Washington
    What a defensive effort by the Broncos. Carolina never had a chance. Congrats to Peyton Manning. He's had a great career, and this tops it off nicely.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.